Nine.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

I was horrified. Jonah, Jack, and Zach stood there. On my porch.

"Hayden. Don't worry." Corbyn said putting his hands on my shoulders.

"May we come in?" Jonah asked. "I guess." I say, still scared. Corbyn and I move out of the way and let them in.

"Nice house." Zach comments. "Thanks." I replied bluntly. "We just wanted to say how sorry we are for how we treated you. We only did it because Corbyn did it and well, look at him." Jack said.

Corbyns arms were wrapped around my shoulders.

"Yeah so, we promise it won't happen again. And we will never make you feel scared again." Jonah smiled.

"We promise." Zach repeated. "Okay..." I said still suspicious.

"But just like Corbyn, it's gonna take a lot more than sorry." I said. "Have you forgiven Corbyn?" Jonah asked.

"No it-" "Hey!" Corbyn said. "Your fault. Not mine." I simply said. "Its gonna take more than one day to...recover." I said.

"Recover?" Zach asked.

"Oh my god Zach you are so stupid." Jack said. "What?" He asked defensive. "Couldn't you imagine all the emotional trauma we caused her?" Jack said.

"Right." Zach said catching on. "We'll make it up to you." Jonah smiled. "Okay." I said.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

The boys ended up staying and hanging out. Jonah, Zach and I were sitting on the couch while Jack and Corbyn were playing tag around the house.

Laughs filled the house as Jack sped around the corner and through the kitchen. While Corbyn on the other hand, unintentionally drifted when he turned and slid into the island.

"Ow." Corbyn laughed all long with everyone else as he fell onto the floor. "Children! Settle down!" Jonah said with a British accent.

Jack just laughed as he came and sat next to me. "How you doing?" Jack asked as he turned to me.

"Spectacular." I smiled. "Big words." Jack smiled in shock.

"She's smart." He said turning to the other guys. "Might one say, intelligent?" Corbyn asked in a British accent.

"Yes!" Jack responded in the same accent.

The accent thing confused me. Hanging out with the boys was such a strange thing to me. If you told me, a year ago that I'd be kinda friends with these boys, I'd call you crazy.

And yet, here we are.

"Hey guys, you wouldn't mind if Daniel came over would you?" Corbyn asked looking up from his phone.

"Dude, I love Daniel." Jonah said. "Yeah. I miss that dude." Zach commented. "Yeah where's he been?" Jack asked.

"He just got back from Europe." Corbyn replied. "Ohh" Jack responded.

I see Daniel through the window coming up to the door. "There he is." I said in a daze.

[CORBYN BESSON]

I didn't like how Hayden looked at Daniel. "Danieeelll, my man" Jonah said. "Hey guys." Daniel smiled.

"Hey Hayden." Daniel smiled at Hayden specifically. "Hi." She smiled at him.

"How are you?" He asked her softly. "I'm good." She blushed.

I walked over to the kitchen and sat on a stool. I looked on my phone to try and get my mind off it.

Shit, do I actually like her?

It killed me thinking that the first girl I've liked since 8th grade could end up dating my adopted brother.

Zach came over and sat next to me. "Whatcha doin there bud?" He asked. "Nothing." I huffed.

"Clearly." Zach responded. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing." I rolled my eyes. "Oh my gosh." He said stunned.

"Are you jealous?" He asked. "No!" I said irritated. "It's okay man, you just gotta be a gentleman to her. Be her knight in shining armour. Daniel can't be that as often. He goes to another school." Zach nudged me.

"Whatever." I said going back on my phone.

Zach went back to the living room and talked to Jack and Jonah probably telling them that I like Hayden.

"Okay guys! It's actually time for Hayden's nap! You should all leave now." I said walking over scooping Hayden off the couch.

"Bye!" I fake smiled before taking Hayden upstairs to her room.

"What the hell?" Hayden asked genuinely confused. "Since when do I take scheduled naps?" She asked.

"Since 17 seconds ago." I said. "Why?" She asked.

"Because." I shrugged. "So your not gonna tell me why you kicked your friends out and made up the excuse that it's my nap time?" She asked.

"Nope." I said. "Alright then." She said laying on her bed.

"Have you forgiven me yet?" I asked laying next to her. "Corbyn it's been 24 hours. Like I said, it's gonna take more than just a day." She sighed looking at me.

"I'll be patient." I said looking back at her.