Eighteen

[HAYDEN HARTE]

"Ooh look at this one!" My mom gawks at a dress she sees. "I don't know. I don't think that's really my style," I shrug, "well do you have anything in mind?" She asks.

"Well I've always loved two-pieces." I said. "I'll go ask someone if they have any." My mom says before walking in another direction.

As I turn to look at other dresses, I feel something dripping down on my lips. I notice something drip on the floor in front of me.

I touch my lip with my figure and see blood.

I quickly run to a mirror to see my nose bleeding intensely.

"Hayden?!" My mom gasps. "Oh my goodness. Where's the washrooms?" She asks the store clerk.

She directs us to a washroom and we make our way there.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"So you have no idea what could've triggered it?" My mom asks as I'm washing my face for the last time.

"No. It just came out of nowhere." I shrug, "strange," my mom says as we walk out of the washrooms.

"Very." I reply as we walk back in the store.

[CORBYN BESSON]

"Well what colour is her dress?" Jonah asks, "I think she said white," I said looking for ties. "Great. So just wear a normal suit," Zach shrugs.

"Okay," I say grabbing a dress shirt.

"So are you gonna forget about us now that you're all in love and stuff?" Jonah asks, "no, you guys are my best friends,"

"Are you gonna bring her a rose?" Zach asks, "obviously," I say in a duh tone.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

After we finally got our suits we left the mall and hung out at Jonah's house.

"Hey let me play music off your phone." Zach says, holding his hand out for my phone, "Alright," I hand it to him.

I see him open the music app and go to my most recent playlist.

"One direction, Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, Jason Mraz, damn dude what's with all the love songs?" Jonah asks, "they remind me of her," I blush, "oh my god you're such a lover boy aren't you!" Zach teases. "Literally stop." I chuckle.

Zach finds music of his taste and starts playing it. Which, wasn't awful music. We had similar taste in music.

"So Jonah, have you found anyone yet?" Zach asked sitting back in the computer chair, "Well there's Kelsey, who I'm taking to the winter formal. She's pretty cute I guess," Jonah blushes, "how 'bout you Zach?" I ask, "I like to have an open mind," Zach smirks, "so you're basically becoming a fuckboy. Great." Jonah rolls his eyes.

"No, i just wanna have fun," he defends himself. Jonah and I give each other a look, indicating that he's lying.

"I know that look. I'm not lying!" Zach throws his hands up, "Alright, Alright," I surrender myself.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

I tried my dress on for like the millionth time and admired myself in the mirror.

I did a small twirl and laughed a bit. It was pretty late so I tried my best to keep quiet. I put on my heels and walked around my room.

"Maybe with these I won't be an actual midget compared to Corbyn"

I thought to myself and giggled.

After a while of admiring myself, I decided to get some sleep since the winter formal was the next night.

I fell asleep with the thought of Corbyn on my mind.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"Hey Hayden," Corbyn smiles as I walk towards the school, "Hey Corbyn," I smile back as he puts his arm around me, "you excited for tonight?" He asks,

"Of course," I look up at him as we arrive at my locker, "I'll make it the most magical night ever," Corbyn says, giving me heart eyes, "cant wait."