Sixteen.

[CORBYN BESSON]

Hayden and I ended up watching kipper the dog until we fell asleep which was at about 2am.

It was so adorable though. Her eyes were practically glue to the tv. I had her wrapped in my arms and she rested her head on my shoulder.

The next morning I wake up and realize there's no Hayden next to me. I look over and see Hayden making pancakes.

I watched her as she carefully flipped the pancakes trying not to mess up.

I sit up and walk over to her. "Morning, Corbyn," Hayden says softly, "Good morning Hayden," I snakes my arms around her waist. Hayden giggled as she turned around and faced me.

I leaned down and kissed her soft and briefly. I studied her messy ponytail and the bags under her eyes.

We were both kind of a mess but I was more comfortable around her.

Hayden rested her head on my lower shoulder/upper chest and hugged me. "Corbyn?" She whispered, "Yeah?" "I have feelings for you that...I never knew I could feel," I'm sure by now she could feel my heart racing.

"Me too, it's like, everyone would always talk about feeling butterflies with someone, and I always thought it was made up. That was until we became close."

"Really?" Hayden tilted her head up and looked at me, "Yeah, Hayden," I nodded, "if you would have told me a year ago that I'd have the biggest crush on you, I would call you crazy and yet, here we are." She chuckled a bit.

"You may have forgiven me for everything, but I don't think I could ever forgive myself," I said avoiding eye contact. Hayden didn't say anything, she just gave me a tight hug.

"If you ever wanna talk, please call me," She whispered, "Okay," My voice cracked a bit.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

Upbeat and happy songs filled the silence as I drive home from school. I sang along and smiled.

I soon pull into my driveway and get out, taking my bag with me.

I walk into my house to see my mom. "Hey sweetie!" She said excited, "Hey mom!" I smiled back, "what're you doing here?" I asked.

"I live here?" She said, "barely," I rolled my eyes, "whats that supposed to mean?" My mom shifted her weight to her opposite leg as she put her hands on her hips, "after Liam died and dad went to jail, you left. I was suffered from severe depression and anxiety, was bullied to an extent, self harmed, basically raised and took care of myself for 5 years. Where the hell were you?" I yelled,

"Kimberly I-" "Don't you dare call me Kimberly!" I cut her off, "why's that?" She shouted back, "you seriously don't remember why I stopped using that name?" I tossed my back onto the ground, taking a few steps forward, "no, why?" She asked.

"That was the name Ian always called me. My real name was never Kimberly, Ian started calling me that because he wanted me to be someone I wasn't," "you won't even call your own father 'dad'?" My mom asked in disbelief,

"That monster, is not my dad," I glared, "where the hell were you when I needed a fucking mom, huh?" I yelled, "I work, Hayden," my mom replied, "that's so bullshit!" I yelled in disbelief, "where were you when my best friend died? Where were you when I would cry myself to sleep ever night? Where were you when I was bullied every day and cut myself because of it? I have been through hell and I've had to face problems alone that no girl should ever have to go through. Especially when I was literally 13." A tear had fallen,

"Hayden, I'm sorry," my mom sobbed, "I just couldn't face being at the house without your dad and Liam."

I said nothing for a few seconds.

"There's someone I'd like you to meet," I wiped a tear away, "who?" She asked hopeful, "a boy," I smiled, "boyfriend?" She asked, "sorta," I blushed, "he said he'd be here in a few seconds,"

Just on time the doorbell rang.

I walk over and open the front door, "Hey Corbyn," I smiled at him, "Hey," he smiled back down at me, "is this your mother?" Corbyn asked walking towards my mom, "Yeah," I nodded.

"I'm Corbyn," he shook my moms hand, "Annette," my mom shook Corbyns hand.

"Corbyn has been here for me for the past two months," I walk next to Corbyn, "you have a very lovely daughter," Corbyn put his arm around me.

"Thank you. He treats you well, Hayden?" My mom asks, "Yeah, he treats me great," I smiled.