Eleven.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

Today was the day. My favourite day of the year. After the bell for my last class rang I jumped out of my seat and skipped through the hallways.

"You sure you don't wanna come tonight?" Corbyn asked as he walked to my locker. "I'm sure. Tonight is about Horror movies and Halloween candy." I smiled.

I grabbed my things from my locker.

"You have fun at that party." I added closing my locker. "And you have fun watching your movies tonight. Call me if you need anything." He said.

"Will do." I said.

I picked up my bag and started walking away.

"See ya later." I said. "See ya." Corbyn waves.

The second I get in my car, the monster mash goes on. It's hilarious how I used to genuinely be scared of this song.

I hummed along to the song as I drove home. I noticed kids already trick or treating. I remembered when I used to love going trick or treating.

I pull into my driveway and jump out of my car and walked to my front door. I walk in my house and toss my bag on the couch.

I walk to the kitchen and grab the three boxes of Halloween candy and go up to my room.

The first movie I start watching was insidious.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

[CORBYN BESSON]

The party was honestly a bore. There was drunk people everywhere. Poor Ava could barely get some time alone in her room.

There was this drunk girl hitting on me. It was barely 11pm and everyone was inebriated.

I took a sip of my drink, which didn't have any alcohol because I kinda stopped drinking after everything with my dad.

I decided to text Hayden.

11:07pm
Me: how's your horror movies?

11:14pm
Hayden: interesting. The one I'm watching rn is actually super dumb.

11:15pm
Me: which movie is it?

11:16pm
Hayden: it follows

11:19pm
Me: oh yeah. I've seen that one.

11:21pm
Hayden: Corbyn.

11:21pm
Me: yeah?

11:22pm
Hayden: I think there's someone here.

I decided to call her. "Hello?" She answered hushed. "What's going on?" I asked. "I think someone's trying to get in the house." She replied, her voice shaky.

"I'm on my way. Don't worry." I said. "Corbyn no-" I hung up on her before she could say anything else.

I set down my drink and burst through the front door. I ran to my car.

I get in but I'm shaking so much that I'm struggling to fit the key. I start the car and drive off.

Jacks house was only a couple blocks from Hayden's house so I was at her house in less than five minutes.

I get to her house and I run up the driveway and open the door. "Hayden!" I call.

I run up the stairs and into her room. She's sitting there, tears streaming down her face. "Hayden it's okay. I'm here." I said sitting next to her.

"I-I could've sworn there was s-some-one here." She said. "Well I'm here. So don't be scared." I said wrapping my arms around her.

"I don't know, maybe I'm just being paranoid." She said. "Can I stay and watch movies with you?" I asked softly.

"Please do." She nodded.

I had never seen Hayden this freaked out before. But I knew it made me feel awful. It broke my heart to see her so upset.

"What movie?" I asked. "Maybe not a horror movie." She said laughing a bit. "Have you seen Hocus Pocus?" I asked.

"Oh my gosh I love that movie." She said getting all excited. "Let's watch it then." I smiled.

She put on the movie and began to feel relaxed again. Although she didn't seem to be paying attention to the movie too much.

She would stare out the window for a minute and daze off then go back to the movie for a couple minutes. It was a rotation of that for the rest of the night.

She seemed really deep in thought.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

That night after Corbyn came to "save" me, I guess, I started to feel some kind of way. I had never felt this way before about someone.

I felt like I was starting to catch feelings for him but then I would get scared and deny everything he's ever done to be nice to me, but then I think about it again and feel butterflies.

I never really had crushes in the past. Maybe in my early ears of elementary, but nothing like this.

I was really confused.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

I woke up the next morning next to someone.

I look up and see a sleeping Corbyn. All the thoughts from last night came rushing back.

What if the way he's been acting was all fake?

If this was some sick prank of his, then he wouldn't have taken this far, would he?

Could I like my former bully?

I don't even know what it feels like to have a real crush.

I sit up and grab my phone. 10:18am. Corbyn leans his head onto my shoulder. "G'morninggg." He mumbled. "Good morning Corbyn." I chuckled.

"What time is it?" He asked. "Twenty after ten." I replied.

"K." He said.

I leaned my head on top of his.

"I'm sorry." He sighed. "For what?" I replied. "The last three years. I know I already apologized but in case you needed reassurance, I'm still sorry." He said.

I was quiet for a couple seconds.

"I forgive you." I whispered.

"Really?" He said sitting up. I looked at him and he had the biggest smile on his face.

"I mean, yeah." I smiled. "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you." He said tackling me in a hug.