Seventeen.

[CORBYN BESSON]

"So your mom," I jumped into Hayden's bed, "what about her?" Hayden asks, sitting next to me, "is she staying for good?" I asked, "not sure," Hayden laid back on her pillow, "I hope she is,"

"Me too," I said laying next to her. I wrapped my arms around her torso and pulled her closer to me.

"Why do you is even like me?" She asked turning around to me, "because you are beautiful, intelligent, you love reading and drawing, your favourite show is a kids show from 2005. Like come on Hayden, what's not to like?" I caressed her cheek.

"You think I'm pretty?" She asked softly, a smile creeping up on her, "no, I think you're gorgeous,"

Suddenly we hear a slight gasp followed with "awww," we sit up to see her mom standing there, "you guys are too cute!" Hayden's mom gushed.

"Oh my gosh," Hayden buried her face into the pillows.

I just laughed a bit. Hayden's mom smiled and walked away.

Hayden lifted her head back up and looked at me. "You're too cute," I smiled down at her. "Stopppp," she smiled trying not to blush.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer again. I kissed the top of her head.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

Hayden had fallen asleep so I took the opportunity to go talk to her mom.

I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen, "Hey Annette," I smiled, "Hey Corbyn. What's up?" She asked turning to face me.

"I need you to help me with something," I said sitting on the stool, "what's that?" She asked, "I need you to help me ask Hayden out."

[HAYDEN HARTE]

My eyes flutter open as Corbyn is walking into my room.

"Where were you?" I asked sitting up, "talking to your mother," he smiled, "about?" Corbyn sat next to me, "that's for me to know and you to find out," he grinned at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I laughed, "I don't know," Corbyn said being difficult, "god you're annoying," I laughed a bit, "Hey thanks," he smiled.

Corbyn sat next to me, "this weekend my mom wants to have a little spa day with you," Corbyn smiled, "uhh why?" I asked.

"I dunno. I guess she wants to get to know you better," he shrugged.

"Okay," I said still confused, "she'll pick you up at noon on Saturday," Corbyn said tilting his head to the side.

"Sounds good," I smiled.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

Soon came Saturday and honestly I was pretty nervous.

"Hayden she loves you. Why do you think she'd wanna spend an afternoon with you?" Corbyn said over the phone, "I don't know. Maybe she feels bad for me," I shrugged,

"She just wants to get to know you little better. That's all. Don't over think it," Corbyn said in a soft soothing voice,

"You'll be alright," "okay. Thank you Corbyn," I smiled, "your welcome," "I'm gonna go now, bye," "byeee,"

I set my phone down and quickly threw my hair into a bun. While looking in the mirror I notice I'm a lot more skinnier than usual.

I go to the washroom and weigh myself.

112lbs.

I had lost 14 pounds. I thought it was strange but ignored it.

I walk downstairs to get something to eat, but never get the chance to because Saskia is here.

I walk over and open the door. "Hi Hayden!" She says enthusiastically, "Hey," I smile at her, "I'll go get my things and then we can leave," I said before walking up to my room.

I quickly collected my phone and wallet and go back downstairs.

"Ready?" She smiled, "Yep. Let's go," I said putting my shoes on and walking out behind her.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

Saskia was genuinely really nice. She was good at keeping conversation, which was good because I was pretty awful at socializing.

"I've never seen Corbyn so happy, before he met you," She smiled at me as her nails are getting filed, "really?" I asked, most likely blushing, "Yeah. After everything with his dad he sorta lashed out on everyone, but when you came along, he became more...I don't know just enjoys stuff more,"

"Corbyn's really opened up to me a lot since October. I used to really hate him but now that I know him, he's so much more kind and sweet,"

"He really likes you ya know." She grinned at me, "really?" I smiled, "you have no idea," she shook her head smiling.

I didn't know what to say so I said nothing. I just smiled and began to daydream.

Saskia and I sat there for a few more minutes until our nails were finished. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into with Corbyn, but I knew it was what I wanted.

"And you are done!" The nail lady says to me. "Thank you so much!" I smiled, pulling out money, "oh no Hayden it's on me." Saskia smiles, "you don't have to do that." "My treat. Don't worry about it Hayden." She handed the lady a hundred dollar bill, told her to keep the change and we left.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"Okay bye! Thank you!" I smiled before closing the car door. I walked up my driveway and up to the front door.

"Hey sweetie!" My mom greets me from the kitchen, "Hey mom!" I smiled. "Go upstairs." She grins.

"Alright..." I say suspiciously as I set my things down.

I walk up the stairs and into my room. Tears came to my eyes as I observed my surroundings.

Red balloons covered my ceiling, and a note was set on my bed. I walked over and read the note.

Forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side...

I look over and see Corbyn in the corner holding a boutique of roses.

A tear falls as he begins to speak, "will you be my official girlfriend?"

"Yes!" I nod my head and give him the tightest hug ever, which he returns.

Rocking back and forth I whisper, "you know you didn't have to do all this for me to say yes." "I know, Hayden. But I wanted it to be special because you're special." Corbyn replied.

I felt so overwhelmed and happy.

"Also, will you go to the winter formal with me?" He asked pulling away from the hug, "yes" I smiled.

"Why are you crying?" He chuckled a bit, "this is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me. And I just feel so happy. I've never felt so happy," I said continuing to cry.

"Awww Hayden," he said embracing me with another hug.