Four.

[CORBYN BESSON]

"What are you doing here?" I asked Hayden. "I could ask you the same question." Hayden replied.

I noticed her bloodshot eyes and her face slightly puffy.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "As if you care." She rolled her eyes before walking away. Is that what I did to her?

I grabbed bandages from the shelve but winced when my wrist bumped the shelf.

I adjusted my hat and went to the till and payed. Walking out, I noticed Hayden just sitting in her car.

I got in my car and followed her when she pulled out.

I followed her until she pulled up to the front of our old elementary school.

I parked behind her and saw her in the rear view mirror, crying. She was on the phone with someone.

After she hung up she continued crying.

I couldn't help but ask myself how much pain and hurt have I caused to Hayden?

I realized this was the first time I ever realized that Hayden is human. She has feelings, emotions. I could barely imagine the stuff I must've put her through in the past 3 years.

I grabbed my box of bandages and opened them.

I rolled up my sleeve to reveal my fresh cuts. I bandaged them up not wanting them to get infected.

I looked up ahead of me to see Hayden was now gone. I decided to head home and get some rest.

Ashley was having night terrors last night so I stayed with her and made sure she slept well. Although she didn't fall asleep until 4 in the morning.

I pull into my driveway and got out. I walked up and into my house. I went up to my room I saw Hayden through my window.

I opened my window hoping she wouldn't notice.

I heard her singing along to a song.

"For-ever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind
Spending it by your side..."

She had a beautiful voice.

I admired it.

I pushed my thoughts to the back of my head and closed my window and shut the blinds.

I dived into my bed and fell asleep within minutes.

*next day*

[HAYDEN HARTE]

Another miserable day. I woke up late so I just chose to skip again. I mean, honestly, who's gonna stop me?

I got out of bed and changed into different clothes.

Though it wasn't until after I had changed that I realized both mine and Corbyns windows were open.

Corbyn wasn't in sight when I looked.

The doorbell rang. I looked in the mirror to check my hair before going down.

I open the door to see a rose sitting on the front step.

I look around before picking it up. I noticed a note attached to it.

I'm sorry about Issac
- Matthew

Who the hell is Matthew?

I look around once more before going back inside. I shivered from the cool October air.

I went upstairs, set the rose on my bed and put on a hoodie. I notice Corbyn in his room.

Why is he still home?

He had a guitar in his hand but was looking at me.

He smiled and waved. I just glared at him and closed my curtains.

I decided to read for a while since that always got my mind off of everything.

[CORBYN BESSON]

Yep. She definitely hates me. But I mean, I'm not surprised.

I knew what I had been doing was wrong. I hated myself for it. I played a tune on my guitar I had come up with.

I kinda hummed along to it. I loved playing my guitar. It was one of the last things that brought me happiness after everything that's been going on lately.

I thought of the song that Hayden was singing earlier and searched up the lyrics.

I wouldn't mind by He is We

I played the song over and over again. I couldn't get the song out of my head.

It kinda touched my heart for some reason.

After an hour of listening to it on repeat I figured out the tune on my guitar and began to play it.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

My reading was interrupted when I heard Corbyn singing. He wasn't singing just any song though.

He was singing my favourite song.

I got closer to my window and opened it a bit and listened. He wasn't a bad singer either. He was actually pretty good.

I hated the fact that he was good at singing. I hated him so much but yet I was so scared of him.

"For-ever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind
Spending it by your side..."

And for the first time ever, I wasn't completely horrified of him. He seemed harmless and sweet.

I smiled to myself.