Six.

[CORBYN BESSON]

My heart raced. My breath was shaky. I walked up her front steps and knocked.

I heard her as she came closer to the door. She opened the door and froze. She was horrified. "Hey." I smiled. "H-Hi." She stuttered.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. "Fine." She blankly said, still scared.

"Could I come in?" I asked. She nodded and stepped back up against the wall. I stepped in and looked around.

"Funny. We've been neighbours for 11 years and I've never stepped foot in your house." I smiled at her.

"Yeah." She replied, almost inaudible.

"Why are you here?" She asked faintly. "Just, checking in to see if you were okay. Is that a problem?" I asked.

"No." She shook her head. "It's just, you're last person I'd expect to come to my house and check up on me." She said.

"About that..." I said looking down. "Can we talk?" I asked.

"Yeah. Let's go upstairs." She replied.

I followed her up to her room and looked around. This was the first time I'd seen her room not through a window.

I sat down on her bed.

"Look, Hayden, I'm seriously, so so sorry." I said. "You've bullied me for 3 years straight, why are you deciding to be nice now?" She asked, ignoring my apology.

"Because. When I saw you at the store the other day, I realized you're human. And you have feelings and emotions. And I realized I've probably caused you so much emotional trauma, and I hate myself for it." I replied.

"Why did you start in the first place?" She asked. "There's been so much stuff going on with my family and it made me so angry. You seemed like an easy target, so I went after you to take out my anger and felt good about myself for once." I replied.

"No matter what reason I give you, it wasn't okay what I did to you. And I'm really really sorry." I said.

"I need you to understand, it'll take a lot more than sorry for me to forgive you." She said.

"Could I make it up to you?" I asked. "You can try." She said looking down.

"Then I will." I smiled.

"But why do you care if I forgive you?" She asked. "Because I hate the fact that I'm the reason you're scared to go to school, and I don't want you to feel like that anymore. And, I believe that you are an amazing person that's worth getting to know and worth spending my time with." I explained.

"Thank you." She half smiled.

"You're welcome." I smiled back.

We sat in silence for a couple seconds. I hoped after this she at least wasn't scared of me anymore.

"My mom wanted to have you over for dinner tonight." I said. "What?" She asked shocked.

"Yeah. Ashley commented on how nice and welcoming you were to my mom and she she chirped up and suggested you to come over for dinner." I explained.

"Are you sure?" She asks. "Yeah of course." I reassured her.

She looked hesitant.

"Please Hayden, it would mean the world to me if you came." I begged. "You want me to come over that bad?" She asked.

"Yes. I wanna show you that there's more to me then just a big asshole." I smiled. She laughed a bit.

"Alright fine." She gave in. "Yay" I chuckled, jumping on my feet and pumping my arms in the air.

"Be ready by 6." I said towards her door. "Okay." He said as I walked down her stairs.

That wasn't as scary as I thought.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

Still in utter shock that Corbyn apologized, I checked the time.

4:07

I decided to hop in the shower because I didn't need to be there until 6. I was confused about how to feel about Corbyn.

I wasn't gonna trust and forgive him right away honestly, but I couldn't help but think that this could be some joke to him.

I just found it so bizarre that he'd just apologize so quick.

It was so unlike him. But then again I never really knew him in the first place.

I got out of the shower and dried myself off. I wrapped myself in a towel and walked to my bedroom.

I notice Corbyn in his window. He smirks. I grin as I close my curtains.

I dug through my clothes, looking for something at least half decent to wear. I came across a black, long sleeved thrasher t shirt.

I completely forgot I had it. I slipped it on, along with some adidas leggings. For once I didn't completely hate how I looked.

Sure it wasn't much, but it was something.