Twenty-one.

[CORBYN BESSON]

Over the next few months, Hayden was hospitalized. The cancer now has spread to her lungs, but no matter how much chemotherapy she gets, it just keeps spreading.

She's now in critical condition. Although she feels fine and she's still the same Hayden I fell in love with, she's very very sick.

When I'm not in school, I'm at the hospital with Hayden. I've been studying, doing homework, everything. And Hayden's always there when I need help with English and stuff.

It's now closer to May and I'm getting ready for finals, which by the way I'm super stressed about.

I walk into her room and see Annette and Hayden playing UNO. "Hey guys," I smile and sit down on the other side. I kiss the top of Hayden's shaved head.

"Hey Corbyn," Hayden smiles and kisses me quickly before going back to her game.

"How was school?" Annette asks, "stressful. Like always," I shrug, "that's too bad, we're having a blast here at our 5 star extravagant resort," Hayden laughs, "sounds like fun," I reply, sitting back in my chair.

"How you doing, Hayden?" Hayden's nurse, Kendall says as she walks in, "Good," Hayden smiles, "Okay, here is your medication and some water for you," Kendall says, setting down Hayden's meds,

"Thank you," Hayden says before tossing the large pills in her mouth and swallowing them with water.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

Hayden and I are in her hospital room alone just talking.

"You know I love you Corbyn," Hayden giggles a bit, "I love you Hayden," I smile at her, tilting my head to the side.

I lean in and kiss Hayden in the most passionate way.

She kisses back in the same manner, putting her hand on the back of my neck. Although I wanted it to last longer, she pulls away and smiles at me then continues to sit back in her bed.

The doctors say she's mostly healthy but her breathing is still screwed up.

They say she should be out within a few weeks. I was super hopeful and optimistic about everything, but of course there's always the thought in the back of my head that I could lose Hayden within the snap of my fingers.

I couldn't bare losing Hayden. I would be beyond heartbroken.

Hayden soon fell asleep and I soon left to go home.

"Hey sweetie, how's Hayden?" My mom smiles as I walk into the kitchen, "she's good. Healthy, they say she should be out within a few weeks," I smile back, setting my bag down next to the counter.

"That's good," she smiles and kisses my head, "I'm going to bed, make sure you shower please you look like you just dunked your head in a bucket of bacon grease," my mom chuckles,

"Will do," I laughed a bit, running my fingers through my hair and realizing how right she was.

I have something to eat quickly and then head upstairs to shower. After showering I go straight to bed.

I don't usually get much sleep. I'm always up thinking about Hayden. It's crazy how my life sorta revolves around Hayden.

That usually would be a bad thing, but I don't hate it.

Tossing and turning, no matter how hard I tried to fall asleep, I just couldn't.

I decided I would go for a late night drive.

I hop up out of bed and tip toe down the stairs. I grab my keys off the hooks and head out the front door.

My heart begins to ache as I walk past Hayden's driveway, thinking she might never return.

I unlock my car and get in, start the car, pull out of the driveway, and leave.

I drive aimlessly around the city but end up at the hospital. I sit there in the parking lot just thinking about what could be going on in there.

Is Hayden sleeping?

Is she okay?

Did she take her meds?

Is she sad?

Is she dying?

Suddenly, my phone rings and interrupts my thoughts, "Hello?" I say after accepting the call, "hi is this Corbyn Besson?" The lady on the other end asks, "Yeah, why?" "We have a patient here at the hospital by the name of Hayden Harte, do you have relation to her?" I sit up in my seat, tending up, "yes. Is she alright?" I ask.

I hear a long sigh from the other end, "she'd like you to come in and see her. To say goodbye-" I hung up on her and jumped out of my car and ran into the hospital.

I don't even bother checking in, I just run up the fire escape, knowing the elevator will take longer.

"Hayden..." I cry as I step into her room, "Corbyn," she smiles, "hi," I say as I sit next to her, "I love you Corbyn," she says as a tear falls down her cheek, "I love you too," I hold her hand.

"Please don't go," I say almost inaudible, "I'm sorry," Hayden eyes get heavy and begin to close, "no! No! No!" I yell, "Hayden don't close your eyes!" I cry, "Hayden no!" I sob.

Her heart rate goes blank. Goodbye Hayden Harte.