Chapter 14

"Did you see this?" Michael asked P, holding his phone out to her.

P squinted at the screen and smiled. "I did." Someone had created an app, called Mrs. Conoroy, that allowed people to easily buy clothes P had recently worn, it was now number one on the App Store charts. "It's a little strange, seeing people wearing the exact thing I wear."

"You dress very nicely," Michael commented. "You make Americans proud, in the fashion world."

"I didn't appoint you Secretary of Wardrobe, Mike," Bobby's voice called from the residence's kitchen.

Mikey and P laughed as Bobby emerged from around the corner. "I'll see you two tomorrow, have mom save me some apple pie."

P jumped up to kiss Bobby before he left her alone with Michael in the residence. P and Michael were flying out to Massachusetts for a long weekend with their children- a break from Washington. Unfortunately, Bobby had to arrive at his parent's beach house a day late due to his 'Presidential duties.' P was excited to see Ida and Charles's beautiful, old, cape-style home- sleep in the cool sheets, smell the delicious ocean air, spend a day sailing with her children and countless nieces and nephews. And most of all, to have a well deserved break.

The spy plane that had been caught flying over the US was a shock. Bobby and Michael had decided the Russian President was looking for signs of nuclear missiles and equipment. It infuriated P that Russia could be so careless. The plane caused a huge dilemma for Bobby and Michael. They had to decide whether or not to declare war on yet another region- not to mention the most advanced one.

There was a brief knock on the door to the residence before Liza rushed in, carrying a large bouquet of white roses. "Mrs. Conoroy, Mr. Secretary, a motorcade will be arriving in a few minutes to take you and the children to the airport."

"My wife and kids are eating in the main kitchen down stairs," Michael said.

Liza seemed to struggle to hold back a scream. "I'll have them come up." She turned on her heel quickly and stormed from the room.

"She is stretched too thin these days," P laughed, standing up from her chair to examine the flowers. "My assistant may have to get an assistant."

Her brother in law laughed. "Who are those from?"

P reached her hand down into the bouquet and plucked out a card before clearing her throat. "P- You looked so beautiful giving your speech in Chicago. Much love, BR."

P's voice faltered and her heart sank.

"That creep!" Michael snapped, snatching the card from P's hand.

"Michael, why is he doing this? If Bobby saw this card... I don't know what that man is thinking."

"He's not thinking," Michael growled. "I am going to have him fired."