Chapter Four

Hermione broke off the kiss and smiled at Severus.

"Hermione... I... I am your teacher," he whispered quietly.

"Severus, I know. But I love you and need to be with you," she whispered back. Shock ran through Snape and he quickly turned and went into his private room, leaving Hermione standing alone.

*Snape's Point of View*

"Hermione... I... I am your teacher," I whispered quietly.

"Severus, I know. But I love you and need to be with you," she whispered back. My veins were suddenly filled with shock and happiness. I turned away and walks as fast as I could into my private room. I shut the door and slid down the wall. Tears filled my eyes as I thought of Lily.  A faint knock sounded on the door, I moved away from it and whispered a lock spell.

"Severus let me in. Oh for god sake Snape pull yourself together and open the bloody door. Alohomora," Hermione's voice said as the door clicked. I quickly wiped my eyes and shut them resting my head on the wall.

"Miss Granger please leave," I murmured. I heard a body slid beside me and a warm hand grip mine.

"Severus what's wrong?" Hermione gripped my hand tightly.

"Its nothing, just... memories," I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Severus don't tell me it's nothing. I am here for you," she said.

I stood up and walked over to my own personal Pensieve. Hermione followed me. "What I am about to show you, must stay a secret. Promise me you won't tell anyone. Not even your closest friends," I whispered putting my wand to my forehead.

"Severus I promise I won't tell anyone. Not even Ron or Harry," she whispered back. I held her hand and Hermione's fingers intertwined themselves in mine. I pulled out a long stream of silver and hand in hand Hermione and I fell into my deepest and worst memories.

      *Hermione's Point of View*

Severus and I fell into his memories. We were on a hillside and saw two young girls playing on a hill. One of them had red hair and the other brown. The red haired girl picked up a flower seed which turned into a flower. The brown haired girl slapped her hand and the red haired girl ran up the hill. I looked at Severus who had tears in his eyes.

"I'm going to tell mummy. You're a freak Lily, a freak," the brown haired girl called. The red haired girl was Lily, Harry's mum. A younger Severus climbed out of a tree trunk and the brown haired girl ran off. Young Severus picked up a weed and it flew into Lily's hand. Lily and Severus smiled at each other and I griped my Snape's hand. We were suddenly in a forest and Severus and Lily are laying on the ground.

"She's jealous. Your special and she isn't," Young Snape said.

"That's mean Severus," Lily replied. We were then in the Great Hall and Professor McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on Lily's head.

"Gryffindor," the hat called. Lily stood and walked toward the Gryffindor table.

"Hi I'm James," a boy with messy dark hair said, Harry's dad.

" Hi, I'm lily," Lily replied. Lily and Severus were walking down a hallway when James and another boy pushed through them making them both drop their books. Images and voices flashed past us and I couldn't keep up. Severus than stood in front of Dumbledore.

"Don't kill me," he said with fear in his eyes.

"The prophecy did not state a women. Instead boy born at the end of July," Dumbledore said.

"Yes but he thinks it's her son," Snape said tears in his eyes. "He intends to hunt them down to kill them. Hide them, hide them all. I beg you," Snape continued. I looked at the Snape who was gripping my name and his eyes were glistening with tears from his past.

"What will you give me in return Severus?" Dumbledore asked.

"Anything," Severus whispered. We had then teleported to Hogwarts.

"You said you would keep her safe," Snape cried.

"Lily and James put their faith in the wrong person Severus rather like you," Dumbledore said looking out a window. Tears streamed down both Snape's faces. "The boy survives," Dumbledore finished.

"He doesn't need protection. The Dark Lord is gone," Snape said tears streaming down his face.

"The Dark Lord will return and when he does the boy will be on terrible danger," Dumbledore insisted. "He has her eyes. If you truly loved her.." Dumbledore said as Snape looked up at him.

"No one can know," Snape said pointing a finger at Dumbledore.

"I will not reveal the best to you Severus." We were them standing out side a house and the past Snape walked in, we followed him. I saw James Potter looking blankly as he lay, dead in a hallway. We than walked into another room and Snape leant against the wall crying his eyes out. He walked over to Lily and hugged her tightly. Baby Harry was crying with a fresh scar on his forehead.

I saw myself leave the classroom and realized this  memory was from earlier today. I saw Severus rush out of the potions room and we followed him. He walked to Professor Dumbledore's office and said bubble baths. The eagle staircase turned and we walked up it together. Snape knocked on the door and it swung open.

"Ahh Severus. Why do I earn the pleasure of this visit?" Dumbledore said from behind his desk. Me and my Snape walked to the middle of the room and I saw a look of pure worry of last Snape's face.

"Sir I have a problem. I require your assistance," Past Snape walked up to the desk.

"What is it Severus?" Dumbledore asked.

"Its the girl... The Granger girl. She reminds me of Lily... I just don't know what to do." I was shocked as my name came up. I looked at the present Snape and we smiled squeezing my hand.  Past Snape sat in a chair and put his head in his hands.

"Severus I do not understand. Are you saying you love Miss Granger?" Dumbledore asked shocked.

"I don't know my patronus has changed... It isn't a doe anymore instead its a..." Severus's voice broke off and he summoned a patronus. Shocked, I watched a silver otter skip around the room and it disappeared behind a bookshelf.

"Severus! Miss Granger's patronus is a beaver. This is the same as what it was like with James and Lily," Dumbledore stood up.

"No one can know," Severus said as he stood and started walking to the door.

"I will not tell anyone Severus. But you must be careful for both your and Miss Granger's safety," Snape nodded. Suddenly Severus and I were floating and were standing in his room again.