Chapter Five

*Hermione's Point of View*

I watched as Severus turned and sat down at his desk, his head in his hands. I could hear his muffled sobs.

"Severus.. You loved Lily?" I asked him as I sat on the desk.

"I did. It is still hard even though I may have moved on to see Potter and the resemblance of him and his mother. But it has changed. my mind and my patronus. I am in love with you Hermione," Severus said before his lips crashed against mine.

"Snape..." I tried to speak. He pressed his forehead against mine.

"Hermione, its late you should go," Snape says.

"Of course sir. I will see you in class tomorrow?" I ask sighing.

"Of course. And you have another tutor class tomorrow night. Also remember we have to keep us a secret," he whispers kissing me softly.

"I know. Bye Sev," I say kissing him back. I slowly stand and leave. Walking down the halls, I am in a daze. I never would've thought that Severus liked me, and let alone Lily Potter. I couldn't tell anyone as I promised. I sighed. Severus makes my heart beat so fast! He is so amazing! I continue in this daze as I walk into the Common Room.

"Hermione!" Ron says jumping up and hugging me. I hug him back.

"Hello Ron, Harry and Ginny. What are you guys doing?" I ask.

"Talking to Sirius," Harry says motioning to the fire.

"Hello Sirius," I say as I notice Sirius' head in the fire.

"Hello Hermione," Sirius smiles.

"How was tutoring?" Ginny asks. A smile appears on my face as I sit down.

"It was... Alright. I learnt a lot and Snape was surprisingly in a good mood," I say leaning back in the chair.

"Severus Snape in a good mood," Sirius gasps. Everyone but me laughs

"Haha! I know its surprising but he can be nice. Any way I am tired and I want to sleep. Goodnight Harry, Ron, Ginny and Sirius," I say as I walk to my dormitory.

"Wow Snape was in a good mood. What is the world coming to?" Ron laughed. Walking into my dorm i slowly got changed into my pajamas. Which was a long tee-shirt and shorts. I climbed into bed and fell asleep with Snape in my mind.

I was in Potions and Snape came over to me.

"Ahh Miss Granger. Our new suck up" he laughs with the Slytherin.

"Professor is it true that Hermione tried to kiss you?" Draco sneered.

"Yes she did. But I wouldn't kiss a filthy mudblood like her," Snape laughed loudly. Tears streaming down my face I jolted upwards in my bed. Wiping the tears from my eyes I looked around and saw the sun slowly creeping through the clouds. It was just a dream Hermione. Just a dream! I quickly got into my robes and went down stairs. The clock on the wall read 6:45! I sighed. I didn't have potions until after lunch and I would have to wait longer before I could kiss Severus. I walked out of the Common Room and down to the lake. I sat on the grass and watched the sun reflecting on the water.

"Hermione?" Someone said behind me. I turned and saw Luna walking towards me.

"Oh hello Luna! How are you?" I ask cheerfully.

"I am well! How are you?" she asks sitting beside me.

"I am alright," I smile.

"Hermione. Can I ask you a question?" she says as she watches the water. Luna could be pretty in another world.

"Of course you can," I say looking at her.

"I like Neville. But I don't think he see's me in that way. I think he likes Hannah Abbott. What do I do?" she asks.

"I think you should tell him how you feel. He would be better of knowing than not knowing" I say smiling.

"Thank-you Hermione. And please do not tell anyone," she says standing up.

"Luna I won't tell anyone," I say standing as well. Together we walked to the Great Hall for some breakfast. I sit alone at the Gryffindor table and watch as Severus talks to Professor McGonagall. I sigh and hands clasp over my eyes.

"Guess who?" a sweet voice says.

"Harry?" I guess. The hands leave my eyes and Ron stands there.

"Do I really sound like Harry?" he asks sitting beside me.

"Kinda. You both are my best friends," I say noticing Snape watching me.

"Well I better be your best friend. Or you will have to sort out your priorities," he laughs and ruffles my hair.

"Hey Mione and Ron. What you guys doing?" Harry appears from behind me.

"Hello Harry. We were just mucking around," I say fixing my hair.

"Oh okay. Ron any luck with her?" Harry asks Ron winking.

"Nope," Ron said sadly looking at his pancakes.

"With who?" I ask.

"Oh Ron likes two people. He wants to date Lavender though," Harry says.

"Lavender Brown?" I ask shocked. A little part of my heart breaks. I have kind of always liked Ron but Now I have Severus I guess I don't need to be upset.

"Yeah," Ron blushes.

"Hey Ginny," Harry says smiling.

"Hello Harry, Ron and Hermione," Ginny says sitting down holding Deans hand.

"Hello Dean and Ginny." I say smiling. Harry's face drops as he notices Ginny and Dean hand in hand.

"Hello guys," Dean smiles kissing Ginny on the cheek.

"Dean please snog my sister when I am not around," Ron says pretending to vomit. When he said that Ginny grabs Deans face and kisses him passionately. I let my eyes drift to Severus who is still talking to Professor McGonagall. He seems to be laughing at a joke.

"Hermione. I heard that you were being tutored by Snape?" Dean interrupts my thoughts.

"What? Oh yeah I am," I say blushing slightly looking at my plate.

"Why? You are the smartest in the class," Dean says.

"I need to improve my skills," I say. The conversation than changes to Quidditch. I zone out of the conversation. Today was going to be a long day!