Chapter Six

*Snape's Point of View*

After Hermione left I went straight to bed, no wanting the night to last so then I would be able to see Hermione again soon! I got put of my robes and out a white shirt on that make my muscles stick out.  I didn't look like the type of man with muscles but I worked out in my spare time. Laying in my bed I slowly drifted to sleep. I woke up the next morning and quickly through on my robes and went down to the Great Hall. It was 6:30 and Minerva sat beside me to talk to me about the plans for Christmas. I half listened but kept my eye on the door waiting for Hermione to come in.

"Severus! Are you okay?" Minerva asked me.

"Yes sorry. I am a bit distracted," I say as Hermione walks in. A faint smile appears and I continue to talk to Minerva. I can feel Hermione's eyes on my so I turn to her and she looks at me smiling. I half smile back when Weasley comes behind her and places his hands over her eyes. I watch as they talk and laugh.

"Pinkie has entered the building," Minerva whispered as Dolores Umbridge walks in. I start laughing so hard and I feel tears form into my eyes.

"Tut tut Minerva! Bad children must be punished," I whispered back. Together Minerva and I laughed as we continued to joke around. I looked down to the Gryffindor table and noticed Ron pretending to through up while Ginny and Dean snog. I sigh quietly, I missed Hermione who had her head on the table.

"Professor Snape. Is it true that you are tutoring Miss Granger?" Minerva asks me.

"Yes. She was nervous about her OWLS coming so I agreed to help her," I say.

"Ahh! I don't understand why she requited help she is very smart. The smartest of her whole class and she tries the hardest also," Minerva says deep in thought.

"That she does. I guess being a muggle born she wants to rise to the top which is pretty understandable. I believe she feels like she has a, what's the word, standard she must past in order to fit in. She is very smart though," I say smiling at her as she talks to Seamus.

"She is," Minerva says.

"I have to go prepare for class. See you later Professor McGonagall," I say standing. I walk through and center of the room and catch Hermione's eye. I smile at her and keep walking. I walk down the endless halls and towards the Dungeons. When I got to my office I quickly enter and lock the door. I go to my desk. and start to correct a first Years assignment. I read through it and I slightly smile. The first years work was at an excellent standard. There was a faint know on the door.

"Alohomora," I say and the door opens.

"Professor Snape," Draco Malfoy walks in.

"What is it Draco?" I ask looking up.

"I was told by Professor Dumbledore to tell you he requires your assistance and needs you to go to his office," he says. I stand up and walk towards him.

"Fine," I say and I storm towards the Headmasters Office. I say the password dully and go up the stairs. Dumbledore sits at his office as I walk towards him he looks up at me.

"Severus. I see you got my message," he says smiling.

"Sir, of course I did. Malfoy is not that blunt," I say sitting down.

"The reason I have called you hear is because you deserve to know something," he says ignoring my last comment.

"Which is?" I ask.

"I have heard word that Voldemort is going to turn Mr Malfoy into a death eater.  Did you know anything about this?" he asked.

"There was talk about it. But I was unaware the Dark Lord would go ahead of his plans,'' I said.