Chapter Ten

*Hermione's Point of View*

"You both need to leave," Dumbledore frowned deeply. I couldn't believe my ears. I had to leave Hogwarts! Leave my family, my friends.

"Sir are you sure?" Severus asked as I walked to stand beside him.

"Unless you would rather risk the safety of yourself and Miss Granger," Dumbledore.

"No! I will not risk it! But what about her schooling?" he asked wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Well I am sure Miss Granger is smart enough to learn magic on her own. But she will not be able to perform magic until she turns the age of 17," Dumbledore said. The world started to spin around me and I felt sick.

"Of course sir. When do we leave?" Snape said.

"Tuesday. I imagine Hermione needs to explain to her close friends why she is leaving and to make an excuse up for the others and Severus we will tell the school tonight that you are retiring," Dumbledore said sitting on the couch. Severus sat down and dragged me onto his lap. Tears sprung into my eyes. I have two days left with my friends!

"Okay! Will we ever be able to return to Hogwarts?" Severus ask. I place my head on his shoulder and let my tears flow down my cheeks. I wanted to leave with Severus but not this soon! Not this way!

"Once Lord Voldemort has been defeated," Dumbledore says.

"And what about me being a death eater? What will I do?" Snape says.

"Well we will talk about that later. But I think Hermione should go tell Harry and her friends the news and get her bags ready! Oh and Miss Granger you do not have to attend classes tomorrow," Dumbledore says turning his attention to me.

"Okay sir. I will be back soon," I say kissing Snape's cheek. I walk out into the corridor and it feels so different. The sun creeps through the windows and the place looks so... happy. I walk slowly to the Common Room and mutter the password. I walk in and see Ron and Harry playing Wizards Chest. Harry notices me smiles.

"Hey Hermione!" he says.

"Hi guys," I say wiping my eyes on my sleeve. Harry and Ron's smile quickly vanished.

"What's wrong Mione? What did the git do?" Ron says grabbing his wand. 

"Sev did nothing!  Dumbledore just let me go," I say tears still rolling down. my eyes.

"Hermione what's wrong?" Harry asks grabbing me and softly pulling me towards the couch.

"I have to leave," I cry.

"What happened?" Ron asks falling on his knees in front of me.

"Because we are a couple Dumbledore thinks that if You Know Who finds out he will... Kill me. So they think it will be better if we both leave the country and disappear until he gets killed. I am sorry," I say hugging my knees. My two Bestfriends look at each other shocked.

"Hermione! When are you leaving?" Harry asks holding one of my hands and Ron holds my other.

"Tuesday," I whisper. Ron and Harry throw their arms around me and I cry into their shoulders.

"Oh Hermione it will be okay! I promise," Ron whispered his voice husky.

"Anyway you will be with Snape," Harry says.

"Just remember I love you both! Okay? Always will and have," I say releasing them both. "I have to tell Ginny," I say. I stand up and walk to our joint dorm. Ginny sits on her bed wrapped in a towel.