24. Founder's Day

Allison winced as her aunt tightened her corset. She was standing in front of her mirror and sighed. She looked better than she did the other day; she didn't look tired and half dead. The color had come back to her face and the bags under her eyes had slowly disappeared. 

She gasped as Lauren pulled harder on the strings, "hey, watch it." Lauren rolled her eyes at her in the mirror, "oh, quit your whining." She looked at her through the mirror, "I haven't seen you with Elena, or anyone lately. You wanna tell me why?" Allison closed her eyes and pulled away when her aunt was done tying the strings on her corset. "No, it's nothing to worry about."

Lauren frowned, "Nothing, Well, if it were nothing to worry about then I would at least see you with Damon." Allison's whole body went rigid, "I don't wanna talk about it." She didn't want to get angry again. She didn't want a reminder on how much they all hurt her. Especially Damon. She remembered yesterday when he came to visit her.

 She remembered yesterday when he came to visit her

Flashback

Allison had been lying in bed all day since last night. Her headache was killing her. That's what she gets for drinking to the bottom of a bottle. Literally the worst hangover ever. Allison rubbed her eyes and swung her legs out of bed. She needed a shower. She trudged into the bathroom and took her sweet time. When she was done she took a towel and wrapped it around herself and walked out of the bathroom. She screeched as soon as she stepped in the hallway. Standing right in front of her was Damon. "What the hell are you doing here?" She spat, clutching the towel closer to herself.

Damon looked her up and down for a second before he focused his eyes on her face, "your aunt invited me in, so..." Jacob and Henry came running up the stairs then and demanded, "what's wrong?" Allison pointed at Damon, "he's what's wrong. Get him out of here." Damon sighed and looked to her uncle and cousin, "can I just have a minute with her?" He didn't think compelling them would work. They might have vervain.

Henry looked at Allison and she shook her head no. He looked back to Damon, "she really doesn't want you here. I think you should go." Damon frowned and then glared at him. No, he wasn't going to let this moment go. He grabbed Allison's arm and dragged her into her bedroom. Allison protested and went to open the door, but he moved and placed his arm on it. Allison looked at him harshly and growled, "what the hell is wrong with you? Get out!" 

Damon looked down at her with determination in his eyes; he was going to get her to listen, no matter what it took. "Look, I know you're beyond pissed about what we did, but when I told them to lie to you I was only thinking about you. Trust me. I never wanted to hurt you."

Allison moved backwards and clutched the hem of the towel and looked down. Her damp hair dripping water down her neck and face. Damon stared at her; was she this hot before? Maybe it was just the fact that she was soaking wet and the only thing covering her body was a towel. He shook his head and looked away. He was here to apologize, not ogle at her body.