3

namjoon closed his locker and turned, walking down the hallway to get to his first hour. he suddenly felt a presence next to him, turning his head, his eyes widened and he felt his chest tighten a bit.

"hey there, n— namjoon is it?" it was the buck tooth boy from yesterday. he smiled and namjoon, making the taller boy's cheeks becoming aglow. namjoon nodded and continued to walk. the two made it to class, going to their seats in which they forgot were right next to each other. both of the boys cheeks went florid, namjoon's a bit darker than the other boys.

they sat down, an awkward silence between them, despite the classroom filled with other students chatter. namjoon's heart pounded in his ears, and he wondered if the buck tooth boy could hear it. he decided to break the silence, asking the other boy his name. in which he replied, "jeongguk- j-jeon jeongguk.."

namjoon smiled and nodded, holding his hand out. "kim namjoon." jeongguk slowly took his hand, making namjoon almost squeal. "i— it's nice to formally meet you, jeongguk."

"you as well, namjoon."

throughout the day, jeongguk and namjoon talked, getting to know each other more. namjoon learned that jeongguk had a younger brother named yugyeom, and jeongguk learned about namjoon's older brother seokjin.

the two talked about their home life, but namjoon decided not to mention ge, thinking the other boy would think he was.. uncanny. jeongguk did have his own pet, a dog he named chihiro. after a character in one of his favorite animes.

at the end of the school day, the two exchanged phone numbers, jeongguk promising that he would text the other later in the day. namjoon had never been happier, this was probably one of the best days of his life. the cute buck tooth boy gave him his phone number, and they were friends.

ge was going to absolutely love this.

uwu