Special Assignment

India was so nervous about this interview today. Why should she be? Thomas was the one doing most of the talking and she was just there to observe and take notes on the tablet. She hoped she wouldn't have to say anything at all to be honest.

The interview was going to be held in a recording studio near the newspaper offices at 11.am. So India went to get a notepad and pen from her desk. She saw the laptop on the desk and smiled to herself. It was the latest HP model. She had one at home but an older version. They were very reliable machines.

She got herself a hot chocolate from the drinks machine and headed down to the reception where Thomas was waiting with a tablet for her.

"So how are you feeling about today?"

"I didn't know I'd get this nervous about my first interview."

"You'll be fine. You don't need to worry about anything. I'm the one who'll be doing most of the chat." He said to calm her nerves.

She nodded in agreement, "OK."

They got to the studio fifteen minutes early. They showed their Ids' and one of the studio managers' whose name was Len took them into an office where there was a large table with six chairs. Four on one side and two on the other.

There was a refreshments machine in the corner, and table with a jug of water with a dozen plastic glasses. India drank two glasses, because her throat was very dry. Then she had to excuse herself to go to the toilet.

On her way back to the room she said softly to herself," Must not get nervous. must not get nervous." Her stomach was literally in knots. She sounded like a broken record for God's sake!

She found herself outside the room and heard voices. She opened the door slowly and walked in. Oh fuck. It's them. She looked out of the corner of her eye, and saw the familar curls, Black shirt which was open at the chest, so his Annie tattoo was visible and obviously the black skinny ripped jeans. Fuck she said to herself again. All four pairs of eyes looked at her. One pair of eyes was gazing at her for a slightly longer period of time. . As if he was undressing her. Oh no. It was him. She felt really vulnerable now.

"This is India. Thomas announced to them. She's lucky enough to be working with us as an intern."

"Hello India," they all said in unison.

"Hi," she replied and cursed herself because she was sitting opposite the same pair of eyes that was staring at her just a minute ago. Fucking Matty Healy.

"OK well start the interview now boys," Thomas said.

Thomas asked them about what the album meant to them as individuals and what inspired them to put it all together. She listened quite tentatively whilst making notes. She could still feel Mattys' eyes boring into her. Why the fuck couldn't he look at something more exciting instead? Like out the window or look at his mates? She wanted this interview to end....like now!

She stretch her legs under the table, but she felt his boots on her bare legs. She let out a faint gasp, which made Matty smirked at her. . How she wished she could wipe it off his bloody face.

Thomas looked at India, " We've got a about 10 minutes left. So you can ask the last two questions."

Thomas passed her the notes to read.

India cleared her throat. "So why did you name The Album "Your Pain My Pleasure?"

Matty quickly looked up at her and smiled, "That's a really good question India. It's quite a simple analogy really. When you're in a relationship and you're so engrossed in each other on a physical and psychological level you can tolerate anything unconditionally".

That's really deep," Thomas exclaimed.

The other boys were quite astounded too and clapped at him.

Matty looked at her, I suppose I better say something then India thought.

"I agree with Thomas. It's very deep. Very understandable." She said quite innocently.

"I can get very deep sometimes, when I want to India," he remarked with a glint in his eyes.

What the fuck just happened there? India thought. Is he trying to get fresh with me? What a bastard!!

"The last question was?", Matty asked.

India was bought back to reality. She had a look at Thomas' notes again.

"Sorry...um...What do you see yourselves doing in the future?, India waited for someone from the band to answer. How hard could that be. She also needed the toilet for fucks sake. She never ever used to swear like this but being in the same room as Matty Healy had really affected her!

"Just this....entertaining our loyal fans with our wonderful music until nobody wants us anymore! Then we can retire early and live off all the money we made!, " Matty piped up.

Everyone started laughing in the room except for India.

"Thanks guys for having us and all the best for the new album," Thomas said while shaking everyone's hands. He gestured India to do the same.

She shook Adam, George and Ross' hands in the normal fashion. When she came to shake Mattys' hand; which she didn't want to do in the first instance, it felt really weird. Like a sick weird. She started to see visions in her head. She took her hand out of his grasp and nearly fell over backwards.

"India, you've gone really pale! Let's get you to the toilet quickly." Thomas said in alarm.

Thomas held India very firmly, whilst leading her to the toilet. He was right, she had gone deathly pale, as if someone had sucked all the energy out of her body. She ran inside the toilet cubicle and vomited out what she had for breakfast, which was very little. So maybe that's why she had gone all queasy. There couldn't be any other explanation could there. After she literally spilt her guts out, she felt so much better. She cupped her hands under the cold water tap, to splash her face with and have a drink to ease the dryness in her mouth. She looked in the mirror again and the colour had returned to her cheeks.

She came outside and thought Thomas would be waiting for her. Her plan was to persuade him to let her go home early, because she was really tired and wanted to be at home in bed. Safe and warm. She was about to go and look for him, when Matty suddenly he appeared from nowhere with a bottle of water.

She snatched it from his hands quickly, and it took a lot of effort to take the top off. She almost finished the whole bottle. She tried to walk around the corner to the reception desk but he blocked her way.

"Where's Thomas, he was supposed to be waiting for me?, " she asked him abruptly.

He didn't answer her question.

"Do you know who I am India Flowers, because I know exactly who you are," He said against her ear while he caressed her cheek with the back of his hand.

Second chapter done in one day. Tell me what you think so far. Indias' wilder side will come out in future chapters when she is alone with Matty. She basically can't help herself! So watch this space. Thanx. 😊😊😊

"

"