Press

(Stark's P.O.V)

After calling Happy to pick me up, I wait with Peter outside Mr. Delmar's shop until he arrives.

Finally, a car pulls up in front of us. Happy rolls down the passenger's side window. "Let's go."

"Coming, I'm coming. Sheesh. Someone's not very happy." I smirk and turn to Peter who's stifling a laugh.

"See ya later, Pete." I smile at him before turning towards the car.

"See ya. Try not to get into too much trouble now, okay?" I turn to see him smirking.

"Ha, ha."

"I'm serious, (Y/n)." His expression turns to match his claim. "Please don't do anything reckless. At least not for the night."

I roll my eyes teasingly. "Fiiiiiiiine." I say.

Peter rolls his eyes and smiles as well. "Good. I'll see you then. You should get some rest to sleep off that hangover." He gives me a quick side hug. "Bye."

"Bye." I climb into the back of the car. I look up at Happy who stares forward with a serious expression.

"Are...you okay?" I ask. He doesn't answer. He just keeps staring forward.

"...Happy?" I try again. "What's wrong?"

"I think it's time to have that talk with your father." He says finally.

"W-What? Why?" I ask.

"You'll see." He turns to look back at me. "News travels fast."

The rest of the ride is silent. With Happy being stone-cold serious, and me being too nervous to ask any more questions.

What will dad think?

Will he be proud?

Angry?

Scared?

What if he takes me out of school?!

What if he takes me away from my friends?!

What if I can never step outside the house again?

Doesn't he get that I can handle myself?

I was raised by superheroes. If anything, it's kind of his fault.

Stay calm, (Y/n). Just. Chill.

Finally, we arrive back at the Avengers compound.

Home Sweet Home.

I walk in as confidently as possible.

I don't make it very far.

"(Y/N) MARIA STARK!"

I flinch and slowly turn to see my dad sitting on one of the stools at the island in the kitchen. He does not look to thrilled.

Okay I thought he'd be mad about the whole thing Happy and I were gonna say but what's this about?

I walk up to him slowly. "...You summoned?"

He takes a deep breath to try to control his anger. "You've had quite the eventful day haven't you." His voice strained.

I sigh, "is this about the hangover thing--"

"NO IT'S NOT."

I freeze mid sentence, and slowly take a seat across from him. "What's this about then?"

That's when I notice the newspaper in front of him. He slides it over to me.

I read the front page.