Voltage (Part 2)

(Peter's P.O.V.)

Sometimes, there's nothing better than a nice, quiet walk through Queens.

That's what I was planning to do, anyway.

Of course things don't always go according to plan.

So now, instead of taking a casual walk through Queens, I'm swinging through the city as Spider-Man, off to stop a jewellery store robbery.

As I arrive, I spy from the roof, looking in through the now broken window at the thieves. These guys clearly didn't think this one through. If they were, they wouldn't have just smashed the window, sounding off the alarm.

There were 4 guys in total, all dressed in black and wearing ski masks. One grabbing money from the cash register, one grabbing priceless necklaces, rings, bracelets, and other jewellery, and the others stand guard.

Finally, after observing for a few moments, I swing myself through the broken window. "Hey guys, stealing isn't very nice."

Guard Number 1 goes to punch me, but I intercept his punch and throw him into the back wall, cracking another window, but not breaking it. "Oops! Yeah, that's my bad."

The second thief standing guard pulls out a gun. He aims at me and shoots, but thanks to my Spidey-Sense and reflexes, I dodge it. I shoot a web at it and snatch it out of his hands. "Yoink!" I spin and kick him in the face.

Two down, two remain.

The thief collecting the cash shoves everything into a sack and tries to run. I stick out my foot and trip him, then proceed to web him to the ground."Watch where you're going, buddy."

One thief left standing.

He was holding a diamond necklace, and another sack no doubt filled with other jewellery. 

"No offence, buddy," I say, tilting my masked head, "but that necklace would not look good on you. Like at all." I web his hand, the one holding the necklace, to the counter. His other hand drops the sack and starts to furiously try to pull his webbed hand free. 

I walk over and pick up the sack. I place it, and the bag of cash, next to the cash register. I then drag the four thieves to the middle of the room, in a circle, then web them up.

At last, the police finally arrive. "Thanks Spider-Man!"

"No problem!" I call as I swing away.

I start swinging through the city once again, looking for the alleyway in which I changed and left my civilian clothes.

I'm about to land, before spotting a familiar silhouette standing at the top of an apartment building.

I sigh. What trouble has she got up to now?

Needless to say, I swing over to the building she is standing on.

I land silently behind her. "Not planning to jump off the building again, I hope."

(Y/n) turns around to face me. "Hey, Spider-Boy."

"What are you doing up here?" I ask, still a bit suspicious.

She smiles again. Her cheeks are rosy from the cold air and tiny snowflakes cover her hair.

In other words, she's beautiful, as always.

"I was looking for you actually," she says, tilting her head to the side.

"Looking for me?"

"Yeah. I have a few questions for you. Specifically about your suit." She walks towards me, before stopping in front of me, raising an eyebrow. "Before I ask those though, may I ask why you have glass shards on your shoulder?" She asks, picking them off.