eight

hey guys i'm gonna start doing a dedication thing so comment something funny and i'll choose one person every chapter :)))

and i'll leave you a lil note and stuff because i'm  n i c e

but yeah here's the chapter

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Lisa stood at the foot of her father's mansion, standing taller than her, which was all the way on the other side of Seoul. It intimidated her a bit, until she realized she spent half of her childhood in this place when she wasn't with her mom or step-father. She hated to admit it, but she would always prefer staying with her mom back in Thailand. They were always nicer to her and didn't treat her like some fragile little girl and always limited her freedom at times unlike when she stayed here. It was just cozier and homey over there.

Her biological father, Hiran Manoban, was a very demanding and strict man. With ties and connections like he has, he has grown to be secretive and dangerous unlike how he was when Lisa was just a little girl. He used to be as kind as her mother and as fun as her step-father, but with how his job works nowadays, you can hardly believe he used to be that type of man.

The young foreigner had received a text coming from her father's secretary earlier, telling her to stop by at the mansion today only because her father had something he wanted to say. Even the thought of his secretary texting her instead of her own father made her blood boil. It wasn't a hard task to send a text with just five words, but I guess you could say that her father doesn't even have that little extra time for her.

With all her might, Lisa had finally found the courage, walked passed her nerves and entered the mansion. She was immediately recognized by the four guardsmen who stood outside of the doors and inside. She knew there were probably a two dozens more of them inside, not including the ones that guards the gate and the garden or even the swimming pool. Thinking about how the guards stood around like army men at a queen's palace made her cringe. To be guarded like a piece of royal jewelry just wasn't her anymore.

But, even with her current state, she was able to smile as soon as she heard two people call her name.

"Lalisa!"

The blonde turned to see a middle aged man and woman, standing in a formal suit and he other in pretty dress. Despite their attire, they were none other than the head maid and butler in the entire house and two people she had grown up with since she was a little girl. They were the two that had always threw fun her way, often playing with each other so that she never felt lonely, which was how she spent most of her time.

"Dowang! Minya!" Lisa rushed over to them, giving them a hug as if they haven't seen each other in ten years, when in reality, it's only been a couple of months.