eighteen

hi were u waiting aksksksk

ahem ( not proofread)

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Waking up was no longer the pleasure it was. There is a fleeting moment when she would be whole again but it evaporates faster than summer rain off the burnt earth. As Chaeyoung wakes from her slumber, she notices the coolness of the air and it's soft fragrance. She blinks a few times before her eyes flicker over to the unfamiliar nightstand with that sleek, white digital clock glowing slightly in the shadows of the room.

3:45 AM.

After Chaeyoung processed what she was reading off of the clock, her eyes had widened slightly as she turned her head as subtle as she could to look at her surroundings before she noticed it was an unfamiliar room. Her heartbeat increased gradually as she felt an arm tighten around her waist, pulling her closer to the center of the bed as she felt a soft breath on the back of her neck.

Lisa was snoring just behind her, under the covers, as she held her. It didn't take long for Chaeyoung to notice that they were both naked on the bed beneath the blankets. She felt a headache coming into her brain soon enough.

Slowly and reluctantly, Chaeyoung blinks, closes her eyes, and blinks again. The moonlight illuminated the most of the room in a light glow sitting on top of the darkness, penetrating through the windows. Chaeyoung carefully lifted Lisa's arm off of her waist, sitting up, dragging her feet off the bed as she rubbed her knuckles onto her eyes. The red haired gold stretches her arms above her head and yawns. She watches her legs dangle above the white polyester carpet.

She took a peak behind her when she heard Lisa shuffle a bit in the bed, but she still laid there, asleep and comfortable under the covers. Chaeyoung sighed and turned back to reach down on the carpet floor and grab her oversized T-shirt. She pulled it over head and sat there for a minute, still trying to process what had happened before everything else.

She remembered Lisa kissing her. She remembered that as much as she wanted to pull away from her, she didn't. She didn't exactly make an effort to stop it either. She just let it happen. And that's how she ended up here, on Lisa's bed almost naked. She tugged at the hem of her oversized shirt and sighed, staring at the wall.

Chaeyoung grabbed her phone from the nightstand and checked a few notifications for a bit. There were a few missed calls from Jisoo as well as her manager, who she'd have to call back in the morning.

Just as Chaeyoung was about to push herself off the bed and out the door, a small whisper stopped her, halting her movements, frozen to the core.

"Where are you going?"

Lisa's eyes fluttered open, as she pressed the side of her cheek to the cold pillow, staring at Chaeyoung's back. She laid there for a moment, waiting for the older girl to answer. But, she didn't. There was a complete silence between them for a good several minutes before Chaeyoung finally spoke up.