twentyfive

twenty five.

Chaeyoung closes her apartment door and pushes her back against it, looking up at the ceiling. She blinks for a moment, thinking of how today went. It was a bit chaotic this morning with a certain blonde who captured a glance of the fake scandal that had leaked online of her and the videographer. She felt some weight on her shoulders as she pushes herself off of the door and pulls off her coat, placing it neatly on the couch where she soon falls onto with a groan. She thinks about what Lisa is doing at the moment, given that the two of them have left the café about four hours ago. Chaeyoung had a gone on a long walk and stopped by the studio for a bit before heading home to clear her mind.

Placing her palms onto her face, rubbing them slowly. The sun was setting at this time and she had found that clock seemed to be ticking faster than usual. She found it shocking that she'd already arrive home, given the time she estimated for it to be longer.

The brunette sits up suddenly and listens to the silence of her empty and lonely apartment. Her eyes brows furrow as the frustration she had kept inside all along builds up gradually after each second. She had the urge to scream in the pillow right next to her, but she kept her composure. Her hands softly graze her arms before rubbing them slightly to keep herself warm. With sigh, she stands and heads towards her bedroom.

But the doorbell rang all of the sudden throughout her apartment. Chaeyoung mentally asked herself who could be ringing her doorbell at this time. She had imagined it to be Lisa or even maybe Jennie who would probably convince her to go back to Lisa but as soon as she opened the front door her eyebrows raise slightly.

"Jungkook, what are you doing here?"

The man stood straight in front of her with his hands in the pockets of his black coat. He gave her a toothless smile and raises his right eyebrow, "Hey."

"Hey," Chaeyoung says back.

"Can I come in?"

Chaeyoung blinks for a moment, "Yeah, of course."

With a slow stride, Jungkook walks inside with a huff. The cold air had stayed with him from the outside as her walked in. Chaeyoung could practically feel how cold it was outside.

"What's up?"

Jungkook leans against her kitchen counter and turns to look at her, "I just—Uh, how do you feel about the photo that leaked?"

"Oh, I'm kind of indifferent about it. It's false and just a little problematic," Chaeyoung sighs and leans on the wall next to her with her arms folded across her chest.

"Yeah, I agree," the man replies with a nod.

An awkward silence fell upon them as they stared at each other for a moment. Chaeyoung's brain had been filled with countless of thoughts roaming through her brain as she blinks. She couldn't keep her mind off of Lisa.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm doing great," the brunette says with a reassuring smile.

Jungkook nods again, keeping a small smile just below his nose. He just looks at her, blinking a few times as she just stares back. Her eyebrows raise and she begins to smile back at him.

"Jungkook..."

The man raises an eyebrow, "Yeah?"

"You're one of my best friends," she says, guilt leaking out of her, "But, you know it's never going to happen, right?"

"Yeah," Jungkook smiles wider. She was just confirming something he already knew. "I guess I was just trying to change your mind, but now that Lisa's back, I kind of figured I didn't stand a chance."