Part 4

Another long update!
Just thought to pen it down immediately...
Enjoy!!!

******

After Chakor surprises everyone with her high test score, the students (led by teacher) chant for Suraj to live up to his promise of carrying her around the school. The two had privately agreed to nullify that bet, but can't explain that to the others without revealing that they're living together.

Chakor mutters to Suraj not to misunderstand - she had nothing to do with this. He grumbles that she's a public menace, but sighs and tells her to go ahead and claim her piggyback ride. If everyone's going to assume he's a flake, he'd rather just get it over with.

Three-year crush notwithstanding, being called a public menace can go a long way in quashing the warm fuzzies, and Chakor refuses. He grabs her wrist, and protective Vivaan arrives on the scene at just this moment, seeing Chakor struggling against Suraj's grasp.

Vivaan steps in and offers the piggyback ride instead, and while Suraj hadn't been eager to carry her, damned if he'll be upstaged by this guy.

Vivaan's more aggressive, and (literally) sweeps Chakor off her feet to carry her outside. Imli and Tina reproach him for interfering, and he's so dense that he thought he was being helpful.

Now he asks suspiciously if Chakor still likes Suraj, to which she blurts that she doesn't. He's cold and mean and lacks any spark of humanity. She totally hates him now.

..

Chakor's presence in the study hall is such an anomaly that you can practically hear the minds being blown as people try to figure out how she got there. One such example: the vice principal, who takes great pride in Suraj as the school's star pupil and therefore can't understand how Chakor squeaked through.

He asks Class 7's teacher if she finds that odd, but she answers simply that hard work can yield good results. The other teachers are unconvinced, however, particularly the other clas teacher and Class 1 teacher, they even go so far as to speculate about cheating, though they make no accusations.

Each class has an upcoming outing planned, and Classes 1 and 7 get stuck in an athletic competition at teacher Julie's suggestion, because she's determined to prove that her class can beat the snooty Class 1-ers at something. Class 7 isn't terribly enthusiastic, but are won over with Julie's bribe of pizza if they win all three events.

Motivated by pizza - and yeah, beating Class 1, although mostly the pizza - the class practices for the competition, performing drills and running through relay simulations.

Suraj says indifferently that Class 7 is sure to win, because his class just doesn't care.

Worse than insulting them is his air of "Oh, we're so above that," and Chakor has to hold back Vivaan from launching into a fight. But when Suraj goes so far as to call them "pathetic," she has to speak up: What's pathetic about working hard? She gives Vivaan an inadvertent compliment by saying he's super fast and athletic, which makes his day. She was just saying it to warn Suraj not to be so snooty, but Vivaan is, adorably, thrilled.

There's a cute but ultimately irrelevant scene when Chakor heads out to the field dressed in a mascot's costume. She takes advantage of her momentary anonymity to sneak up on a passing Suraj and pokes him in the butt.

Her brief satisfaction (and getaway) is ruined when she trips. He has to help her up, and flings off her mask to get a good look at the offender.

..

On to the first event. The two classes line up for a 15-person, 16-legged race, and the smarties (in blue) stumble along badly, since they didn't bother practicing or figuring out strategy. In contrast, the yellow-vested misfit team marches forward in unity for an easy victory.