Part 12

The morning after is less romantic than Suraj's declaration last night might have suggested. Chakor turns out to be a disruptive bed-partner, manhandling Suraj while unconscious and stealing the blankets. He sighs with frustration while she remains blissfully asleep.

Chakor awakens slowly, remembering happily that she and Suraj slept in the same bed. Eyes still closed, she reaches out to feel for him, but he's already up and a little disgruntled as Suraj tells her about her horrible sleep habits. "God saved me, you awake even now...Otherwise in few more minutes I would be a dead body."

Where Chakor only able to avert " huh?"

Breakfast is a cutely domestic scene, which Suraj prepares and Chakor revels in. Suraj makes nothing of eating together, or getting dressed for the day, or walking out together like the junior version of the happily married couple walking ahead of them, but therein lies the sweetness - that comfortable attitude treating this all like it's mundane. Like he have already arrived here naturally in their relationship.

In contrast, Chakor doesn't even try to hide how much she loves it, and jumps to play the part of a wife, picking out a red checked shirt for him to wear. Suraj dismisses the choice and picks another making Chakor to pout.

At school, a crowd has gathered in front of a sign. Chakor's jaw drops at the embarrassing declaration, courtesy of Vivaan:

"Suraj Rajvanshi at last ♥ Chakor. They spent a night of love together!

The students cast knowing looks at the couple in question, and one of them - Tejaswini in disguise as a nerd, - prods Suraj to explain what happened. Exasperated, Suraj pulls his mother aside and asks her to cut it out.

School is abuzz with the latest rumors, but Chakor has nothing to report to Tejaswini or her friends. Nothing happened.

Even Natasha is uneasy about the gossip, and she makes a roundabout reference to the news, trying to get Suraj's reaction , but he cheers her up by saying that she ought to know nothing happened with Chakor.

In all the excitement of the night before, Chakor has forgotten what she did with her chocolates, which she was never able to give to Suraj. She laments the loss, but wouldn't you know, the box is safely back at Suraj's place.

Suraj opens the box and reads her cute handwritten note:

To: Suraj
These are chocolates I made myself, thinking of you. I hope you'll enjoy them~~ ♥
-Chakor!

He smiles at the note and takes a bite of a chocolate... and spits it out. In true Chakor fashion, they taste awful. But our little Robot Boy is learning that it's the thought that counts, and he gives a little laugh.

With exams approaching, Chakor tries to study, but realizes that it's spreading herself too thin to try to prepare for all her subjects. Instead, she'll focus on English, which is the only class she shares with Suraj.

Chakor spends late nights studying, and when she shows up on test day, Suraj notices her wan expression with some worry. Natasha's feeling mighty self-confident after being assured that nothing happened between them, so she once again falls back on her hateful habit of masking insults as cheery comments, saying that Chakor should probably repeat this level next year.

Chakor stares at Suraj dreamily through the first half of the test session, marveling and how handsome he looks. To her surprise, Suraj reaches back and swaps papers with Chakor - giving her his finished sheet and taking her empty one.

Best of all is the smile he flashes, which sends Natasha into a tizzy. No, I take that back - best of all is that pissy look on Natasha's face at Suraj's unexpected gesture.