Part 16

Suraj's jealousy-fueled, rain-soaked, you-can't-love-anyone-but-me kiss leaves Chakor a puddle of goo. At home, Bhuvan is announcing their departure from the house, throwing everyone up in arms.

Just then, Suraj and Chakor arrive home, sopping wet. Tejaswini sends them upstairs, but Raj rushes up to his brother: "Chakor is leaving!"

At that, Suraj does the unimaginable. He takes Chakor by the hand, sweetly interlocking their fingers, and announces that they have something to say.

Suraj: I want to marry Chakor.

Tejaswini squeals louder than twenty fangirls on speed, hugging Chakor and jumping up and down. Her statement to her son cracks as : "Suraj, why are you so awesome right now?"

Upstairs, Suraj says goodnight and Chakor stops him for a moment, scared that when they wake up, he'll go back to being cold Robot Boy. He back hugs her and casually tosses out, "Should we sleep together then?" Chakor buries her face in his chest, saying how much she likes him and that she never even imagined he'd like her back. Suraj: "Neither did I."

Back at the restaurant, Vivaan laments his stupid pushy move on Chakor earlier. He packs a lunch for Chakor and heads to campus to apologize...only to find a poster announcing Chakor and Suraj's promise to marry.

Elsewhere on campus, Suraj breaks the news to Natasha, who shows her disappointment, but basically acknowledges that everyone knew he liked Chakor, but him. She even understands exactly why it was so hard for him to realize it—because Chakor was the first problem he's faced that he couldn't solve easily, unlike everything else he's ever encountered.

Suraj admits to having a really hard time with it, but now that he's surrendered completely to Chakor, he's happy. And it shows on his face.

Suraj apologizes to Natasha, and admits that he really did think they were a good match, and that he felt comfortable around her. Natasha puts two and two together: he ran away from the discomfort of his feelings for Chakor, and took shelter with her, where he felt comfortable. He doesn't deny it, and she plays it cool, congratulating him even while her heart is breaking.

Chakor laments not being able to tell Vivaan herself, but he's hurting too much to take her calls. Natasha takes out her heartache on a few hundred tennis balls, and Kunal steps up at just the right time, as a shoulder to cry on.

Vivaan takes to the river for his bout of angst, complete with beer and a song. Chakor's heart weighs heavy all day too, knowing how Vivaan must feel. She comes to Dad's restaurant after closing, and when she appears, Vivaan braces himself for impact. He tries so hard to put on a brave face, to keep her from saying the words out loud.

Just then, Suraj walks in, declaring that he likes Chakor, and asking for Vivaan to let her go. That just raises Vivaan's ire, knowing how badly Suraj has treated her for four years, but then Chakor finally speaks up, and puts the nail in the coffin. Chakor: "Vivaan, I'm sorry. I'm sorry and I'm grateful."

She starts to say the rest, but Vivaan turns around, telling her to stop. He gets it. He knows. He's always known, of course. With his back turned, he says, trying to lighten the mood, that Chakor has horrible taste in men, and that even if she regrets it later, he won't go back to her.

Vivaan turns around with these words: "Suraj, don't forget that I'll be watching you. If you make Chakor cry, I'll make you cry blood." Suraj takes the warning to heart, and Chakor looks up at Vivaan, so sorry to cause him this much pain.

Bhuvan returns to the restaurant to find Vivaan a mess, and comforts him with soju. Vivaan finally lets himself cry, saying that he wanted so much to call Chakor's dad "Father."

Natasha's grandfather is about as happy for the couple as expected, and he decides to pull out of the investment without any qualms. But Suraj shows up at his office to convince him otherwise. And then...he decides to invest and save the company.

At home, KN announces that it's time for Suraj to leave the company...and go pre-med. As his last duty for the company, he launches the new game. As Natasha and Vivaan watch in the wings, Natasha is reminded of his awesomeness and Vivaan is spurred on to become just as impressive a man.

Chakor receives her grades, and it's bad news all around. She whines to Suraj that she thought she had brought her scores up enough to get better final grades, and he just replies that she must've miscalculated. Haha.

Chakor looks to Suraj for answers, and he just tells her that she got herself into this mess, and she has to work to get out of it. Defeated, she asks if maybe she should drop out.

Suraj nips her pity party in the bud, pointing out that while other students poured their sweat and tears into studying, she's wasted all of her time in fruitless pursuits. He asks pointedly what she'll do if she doesn't go to school...have more time to follow him around? He basically tells her to work hard at something, otherwise she'll have nothing.

OH. THANK. GOD.

Love is sacrifice and devotion, sure. I don't discount that. But to me, true love? Is what Suraj is doing here—making her BETTER, the best version of herself. Because that's what he wants for her. Because that's what she should want for herself.

But Chakor, stubborn girl that she is, just gets mad at Suraj for pointing out her faults, and threatens to move out. He does the exact wrong thing, laughing that she's got nowhere to go. That just fuels her defiance, and she leaves, declaring that she'll go to another man. Tejaswini worries, but Suraj tells her that it'll be good for her, to be away from him for a while, and to focus on herself.

Chakor heads over to her girlfriends, who give her the best kind of support—beer and girltalk. She stays at Tina's house, and although she misses Suraj like crazy, the second she spies on him at school and sees him smiling without a care in the world, she decides to stand her ground and not return home.

Tejaswini frets over Chakor, but Suraj insists that they let Chakor deal with this on her own.

Chakor wanders the streets for a while, having been kicked out of Tina's house because of visiting family. She walks and walks, finally letting the anger subside, and coming to a conclusion. Perhaps what Suraj said was right: she's always lived for him, and never thought about what she wanted for her own future. She decides that she can't return like this, and that she wants to marry Suraj as someone who is equally impressive and worthy.

SUCCESS!!!

Chakor takes a job at local restaurant, and after finding out where she works from Tina and Imli, Suraj shows up for lunch. Chakor tells him that she's thought long and hard about what to do with her life, and what she wants to be. She's come to the conclusion that she wants to help Suraj and be by his side, so she's decided to become a nurse. Well, that's no surprise to any of us, but it's still a mighty step up from freshman college dropout and professional stalker. Loving Suraj has helped Chakor find her dream, which is very different from loving Suraj being  her dream.

Suraj smiles and holds her tight, telling her to return home now. She sighs in relief, saying that she truthfully missed him like crazy. He knows, and makes it all okay with his embrace.

Once home, the family is back to its usual bustling chitchat, until Tejaswini declares that everyone needs to clear their schedules for next Wednesday. What's next Wednesday, you ask?

Why Suraj and Chakor's wedding of course.

Excited?

******

Hope you all liked it!

LIKE and COMMENT sharing your reviews!

                                -ANGEL SUKOR-