Part 5

HAPPY EID- UL- ADHA! -_-

******

Chakor's friends insist on seeing Suraj's house, so she brings them for just a peek from the outside, when Tejaswini finds them and insists they come inside, to Chakor's horror. She's sure that Suraj will be furious. Vivaan has followed them there, and pouts like a sad little duck as he watches them go inside, confirming that she really does live there.

Suraj comes home and has a fit, already angry because of the rumors, and annoyed that she's bringing friends home now to gawk. Tejaswini intervenes, saying that she heard the news, and takes the blame for the picture and the blog. Suraj doesn't let up, demanding that Tejaswini take down the blog this instant, But she isn't about to give up her hobbies over her teenage son's rumor-angst. Suraj yells at Chakor to leave him alone and huffs upstairs.

Chakor's friends start to leave to avoid the awkward tension, but Tejaswini invites Chakor's friends on their camping trip to the beach this weekend. Chakor worries about missing school, but Tejaswini insists it'll be fine. Well that should be a fun time.

Vivaan calls his father Manohar for some money, desperate to rent Chakor a room somewhere so he can get her out of Suraj's house. But alas, that's not an option to poor Vivaan. He gets some unsolicited love advice from his father, and it revives his conviction to try his best to win Chakor over.

That night Suraj still has it out for Chakor, and growls at her all over again, still pissy that she's made their living situation public and generally interfering with his life. She takes it, and cries alone in her room, thinking that she didn't even cry when The Letter happened, but now she can't hold back the tears.

Later, Suraj stews in his room with his window open, and he can hear Chakor on the phone with a friend, insisting that she's fine, and even defending him, saying that he must've been really shocked by the rumors, and that she'd react the same way. This softens his mood a little, since she's clearly the most understanding person ever.

They each sit at their windows, thinking over their actions of late. As cute that their windows are right next to each other.

----------

The next morning Suraj wakes up to find that he's not going to school like he thought...they're all going camping at the beach for the weekend, and he's being dragged along. Little Brother Raj has already been kidnapped by KN and is being held hostage in the car.

The family plus Chakor's friends get ready to leave, when Naina shows up unannounced, ready to join the party. Vivaan goes to school to find all the girls gone, and when he finds out that Chakor is at the beach with Suraj, he flips his lid. With no money and no way to get there, he uses a sick aunt as an excuse to ask the principal for his scooter, and heads to the beach in glee. A girl stops him in the street to give him a promotional lighter, and when he reads the label, he sees that it's for a massage parlor. Without thinking, he puts it in his pocket.

The family heads to the beach in their little camper, and Tejaswini sneers disapprovingly at Naina, who has ingratiated herself with no tact. She suggests karaoke, which Tejaswini shoots down, so Chakor suggests they play a word game. They go around, and when it's her turn, she has to say a five-syllable phrase starting with "suraj," so she blurts out, "Tu mera Surajjj!"(type of song)

Suraj smiles widely, teasing her that she must've wanted to say that badly, since she was the one who suggested the game. Chakor is embarrassed, but she laughs good-naturedly.

When they arrive, Naina changes into a shorts, while Chakor wears a cutesy small frock, Tejaswini tells her that she's the cutest, and fishes for Suraj to tell her the same, but he replies that she looks like a grade-schooler. He nonchalantly walks up to her and hands her a pair of socks, saying, "You need these, right?"