Part 9

Chakor looks out her window in her room above the noodle shop wistfully. Bhuvan comes up and tells her it's just a temporary room, while work on the new house is being finished. She puts up a stiff upper lip and heads downstairs, but Vivaan and Bhuvan can't manage to cheer her up.

At Suraj's house, Tejaswini is in a funk over Chakor's departure. Suraj tries to convince her to go out, but she doesn't want to do anything anymore, and nothing makes her laugh. She asks if he's okay (a little accusingly) and he answers flatly that he finds it peaceful.

Tejaswini: Peace? What is that peace? Is it knowing exactly what to expect? Having everything in the palm of your hand? Isn't that why you were bored and suffocated before? Isn't the reason you went to Global University because you disliked that peace?

Vivaan gets permission from Bhuvan to take Chakor out on a date, in an effort to cheer her up, but she doesn't answer when he calls. Suraj takes out the present he got from Chakor before their college exams, and thinks of her.

The next day, Chakor announces to her friends that she's not only left the house, but given up Suraj for good. She declares that she's going to find a really awesome new boyfriend, and says goodbye to Suraj in her mind.

They drag her to lunch, saying that she has to face Suraj at some point, and sooner is better than later. But everyone stares at them oddly as they walk into the cafeteria. When they walk in, they see why. Vivaan has put up an embarrassingly giant banner that declares Vivaan's Current Love Mood: "Chakor got tired of Suraj Rajvanshi so she said goodbye!"

Chakor fear that Suraj will see it and assume the worst, but too late...he's standing right behind them, and with Natasha at his heels, no less. Natasha further rubs salt in the wound by commenting on the childish ploy to get Suraj's attention, but Chakor retorts that she's forgotten Suraj already. Suraj doesn't say anything, but he doesn't look happy about it.

At Top Spin, Kunal asks Suraj to attend their weekend retreat, and when he refuses, he challenges him to a doubles match: Suraj and Chakor vs. Kunal and Natasha, and if Suraj loses, he has to attend the retreat.

Tejaswini finds out that Suraj went to a Top Spin meeting, deducing that he must've gone to run into Chakor. She puts on sunglasses and goes herself, and runs into Tina and Imli, who tell her about the ensuing match, and the fact that Suraj and Chakor kissed the night of graduation.

They lose the match, of course, due to Chakor's inability to, well, play tennis. Kunal rubs it in that it's Suraj's first loss ever, and challenges him to a rematch at the retreat, with the same partners. To Chakor's horror, Suraj accepts, clearly because it's an excuse to spend time with her, though he wouldn't admit it.

Suraj trains her, even putting his arms around Chakor to show her how to swing, and she tries hard in her Chakor-esque way. Natasha notes to Suraj that Chakor seems to be working at it quite fervently (in her condescending tone, of course), and Suraj smiles as he tells her that Chakor is fun, and there's a "fun in raising her," She admits that it must be a new feeling for him, since he doesn't have to try to be good at everything. He notes that Natasha is the same way, which is again a nod to the pot-lid metaphor.

Chakor packs for her retreat, and Vivaan, taking some advice from her father, chooses not to follow her, and instead packs her a lunch. He tells her to always think of him as "home"-the place where she can come back to, and he'll always be there.

At the retreat, Chakor gets singled out for being late, and gets saddled with dinner duty, missing out on training. Natasha also decides to tell her that she's interested in Suraj, and plans to tell him.

Chakor struggles with dinner prep, so she pouts at Suraj to help her. He totally caves, making the entire dinner. The best part is, he lets her take all the credit for it.

At practice, Suraj works her to the bone, but Chakor doesn't give up, sticking it through. He of course doesn't say anything nice to her, but he smiles to himself, impressed by her snail-paced brand of doggedness.

The next day Suraj has to attend practice during dinner prep time, so Chakor has to go it alone. Everyone's bewildered at the table full of burnt food, wondering what on earth happened to the master chef from last night. Suraj gets outed as the culprit.

Later that night, Chakor keeps an eagle eye on Natasha, who is about to make her move. She calls Suraj outside for a private conversation, and Chakor can't help but follow. She eavesdrops as Natasha tells Suraj that she likes him. She asks how he feels, and he doesn't answer.

However, as Kunal creeps up from behind them, running smack dab into Chakor and scaring her. They make enough noise to get caught red-handed by Suraj, who uses the opportunity to dodge Natasha.

Suraj grabs Chakor by the wrist and takes her away for more practice, leaving Natasha behind. She looks down in disappointment, then throws a glare at Kunal.

It's the last day of the retreat and Chakor practices hard till the match. She manages to get her serve down, which is a huge accomplishment, and Suraj smiles as he watches her. He congratulates her on a job well done and flashes her a smile, and Chakor's resolve melts in all of .5 seconds.

But of course, being Chakor, she can't do anything without incident, so she slips on a tennis ball and sprains her ankle. Suraj tends to her sweetly, telling her to get on his back. He's voluntarily piggybacking you now? You are totally the winner.

He tells Kunal that they'll play the match another time, and carries Chakor away, smiling. Even Natasha smiles as she concedes defeat...at least for now.

Following more of Bhuvan's advice, Vivaan undergoes a makeover. But Chakor has no chance to react, as she gets brought home by Suraj, limping from her injury.

Suraj's presence totally steals his thunder, and Vivaan slinks away dejected. He takes it hard, but is soon enough back to his usual chipper self, loving Chakor from afar. -Poor puppy-

Natasha asks Suraj to a movie after class, and Chakor follows them. You're turning into a regular stalker, aren't you? She sighs that she's always dreamed of going on a date like this with Suraj, picking out what to wear, where they'd go...but now all of those things will belong to Natasha.

She turns around to stay hidden, and lo and behold, Kunal's here stalking them too. He suggests they join forces, in an attempt to stop the unholy union that is Natasha and Suraj. They head into the movie together.

During the movie, Natasha tries to lean on Suraj's shoulder, but Chakor blocks her with a magazine. They finish the movie without incident, but when Chakor sees Suraj being kind and friendly with Natasha, she doesn't want to follow anymore. She asks herself what she's doing, and faces facts-if they like each other, there's nothing she can do.

Chakor gives up, not wanting to become any more pathetic. She turns to walk away before her tears come tumbling out, but in her haste she runs right into a large guy with an ice cream cone. The guy freaks out about his expensive jacket being ruined, and starts demanding money from Kunal.

He turns out to be a gangster, and his backup arrives as he starts pushing Kunal around. Chakor gets knocked to the ground in the scuffle, and Suraj appears by her side, to help her up. He gives Kunal the signal to take care of Natasha, and on the count of three, each of them grabs a girl and runs in opposite directions.

Suraj takes off running with Chakor, both of them smiling as they leap in step with each other.

******

Hope you all liked it!

LIKE and COMMENT sharing your reviews!

-ANGEL SUKOR-