Part 10

Suraj and Chakor lose the gangsters. Although Suraj comments that this is typical of her, Chakor hangs her head and apologizes for the trouble, and also for following him - she couldn't help herself. She concedes that if he likes Natasha, there's nothing she can do about it...

To her surprise, Suraj asks what she wants to do next. As in, a fun activity. As in, a date?

This leads to a boat ride, and Chakor thinks giddily that this is like a dream. She's happy to point out that they're the only people who "look like a couple," but Suraj never passes up a moment to burst Chakor's bubbles, and he tells her that there's a saying that couples who come here break up within six months.

Not wanting to jinx herself, Chakor wants to leave immediately and stands up in the boat. Yeah, she's not bright. On the other hand, she gets the immediate exit she was looking for, and takes Suraj with her as she topples into the lake.

Suraj buys cheap shirts for them to change into, and Chakor realizes excitedly that they happen to match. Like couple tees! And may I point out that HE'S TOTALLY LOVING IT? Oh, he pretends Chakor's being silly, but it's an excuse for him to have his cake and eat it too - he can enjoy her reaction but still saves face by acting cool.

Suraj explains that he'd never faced difficulties, but after meeting her, it's like he's come into a whole new world. (The real one, perchance?) He compares her to a problem he has to solve, musing that perhaps this is like a test - he has to face it, rather than avoiding it like he used to: "I won't run away anymore... because the answer is there."

Chakor gapes: Is this a... proposal? He chides her for jumping to conclusions, then clarifies, "I'm saying I don't dislike you." Coming from him, that's downright romantic. "Being with you isn't easy, but I don't dislike it."

Overcome with excitement, Chakor hugs his arm and thanks him, because she thought he hated her. He already knows she likes him, but there's something admirable in the way Chakor makes a full-on confession anyway. She promises that although she doesn't know Sartre and can't cook, she'll try to be better.

For once Suraj doesn't snark back and says he'll look forward to it. In fact, midterms are approaching - he'll confirm her confession with the test results. (If she really likes him, she'll try hard and improve.)

As they walk off, Chakor notes that his smile is a little different today; she feels closer to him than when they kissed.

The other twosome have a much less successful outing, as Kunal tries to work up the nerve to confess his feelings to Natasha. He's prepared a speech, but her presence makes him stutter and Natasha, sensing what's coming, excuses herself before he gets to the point.

Hearing that Kunal's attempt went bust, Chakor gives him advice on how to confess effectively and coaches him with some role-playing.

Remembering her kiss with Suraj, Chakor makes a similar suggestion, replete with the line "Try to forget me if you can." As they work out the timing of the moment, the other members see Chakor faking the kiss part - only, they assume it's real.

Suraj arrives at practice to hear everyone buzzing about Chakor giving up on him and kissing Kunal. The bumbling duo are still oblivious to the rumors and happen to be engaged in a wrestling match when Suraj sees them. (Chakor is trying to stop Kunal from approaching Natasha with racquet in hand, because that turns him into a raving meanie.)

The rumors spread all over school, even reaching Imli at the hair salon. When Chakor hears how the truth got twisted, she's horrified - and after they'd had such a wonderful date! She tries to tell Suraj that the stories are untrue, but Suraj walks away before she can muster the words, while Natasha smirks and "congratulates" her.