XIII

The next morning, Trent catches Blaine before he leaves their dorm.

"Hey, Blaine, I need to talk to you."

"Yeah Trent, what's up?" Blaine asks, confused.

"Well, I was up at midnight with a headache, so I headed to the nurse, and I ran into someone along the way. They wanted me to tell you something, and please, promise me you will just listen to it. I, uh, recorded it because I have a terrible memory."

Blaine sighed. "It was Kurt, wasn't it? Fine, I'll listen to it."

Trent pressed play on his recorder. "-ince he won't talk to me. Tell him I'm sorry. Tell him that I know an apology means nothing, and I know he won't forgive me. Tell him that I know I messed up. Tell him I'm sorry, Trent, please. I know, I know I messed up, I made a giant mistake, more than any of you will know. I'm not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me, I just want him to know that I know I hurt him, and I beat myself up every day because of it. I'm weak, I'm selfish, I'm a fool, and I don't deserve anything good in life. I don't even deserve death, it's too easy." Several sobs were heard and the sound of running footsteps before the tape cut off.

Blaine's face dropped. "He's worth more than he thinks. He'll get over it, right? I don't want him to end his life because of me."

"Yeah, everyone acts this way after breakups. Besides, from what he said, he's not going to end his life. Something about it being too simple. He just needs a tub of ice cream and The Notebook." Trent said wisely.

This would be true, if it had been a normal breakup. If Kurt had actually consented to cheat on Blaine.

He didn't, though. It wasn't cheating, he had no choice.

Nobody knows this. Not even Kurt.