XVII

When he woke up, there was a letter slipped under Wes's door.

It was addressed to him, using his official title of 'Captain Of The Warblers.'

He opened it, only to find a letter of resignation from the Warblers, signed by Kurt.

"Thad?" He asked loudly, as Thad was getting dressed in the bathroom.

"Yeah?"

"Kurt quit the Warblers. I just got a letter of resignation from him."

The bathroom door opened, and a shocked Thad walked out. He was so surprised that he neglected to put his shirt on, showing his toned chest. Wes tried not to stare and handed him the letter, averting his eyes.

"Um, yeah, the letter's right here. It was slipped under the door."

Thad stood there, reading it, and Wes couldn't help it. "You do know that you're not wearing a shirt, right?"

Thad looked down and laughed. "Oh, is that why you're acting so awkward? Give me a minute."

He walked into the bathroom and came back out with his shirt on. "That's much better." Wes said.

"What, am I not good to look at?" Thad asked, fake pouting.

"No! I mean, uh-" Wes stuttered, not knowing how to answer that question without lying or sounding extremely gay.

Thad cut him off. "I get it, it's not professional."

Wes nodded. "Exactly. Anyway, finish reading it."

When Thad read the whole thing, he looked back up. "I wonder what prompted him to do this?"

"I mean, none of us are talking to him. He must have some other friends though, right? That's not bad enough to quit the Warblers."

"Nah, there must be something else going on. He disappears a lot, there's probably something going on that we don't know about."

"Maybe whoever he was cheating on Blaine with found out about Blaine and he's had a double break up." Wes said darkly.

"Would that be this bad? Never going down for meals, quitting the show choir, never speaking unless he absolutely has to?"

"Wait, how do you know that?"

"I'm extremely observant." Thad answered. When Wes scoffed, he got defensive. "I'm not joking! I notice things most people don't!"

"Oh, yeah, sure. Prove it." Wes said skeptically.

Thad thought for a moment, and then a slow smirk spread across his face. "For example, I know you aren't straight."

Wes's face dropped and he backed away. "H-how?"

"Don't worry, I don't mind. I also know that you're gay for David." Thad added.

Wes was extremely pale and looked more nervous than Thad had ever seen him. "I-I don't..."

"I won't tell anyone, and I don't mind. I'm merely telling you that I know. By the way, try not to sleep in company, you talk in your sleep."

Wes put his head in his hands, sitting on the edge of his bed. "Oh god, I spoke during my dream, didn't I? You heard me."

"Well, you didn't really speak, you moaned. You also said his name. Then I realized how possessive and, well, gay you acted about David." Thad shrugged.

"You really don't mind?" Wes asked in disbelief, looking up at him.

Thad snorted. "Hell no, I ship it."