EIGHTEEN

< : > : Chapter Eighteen : < : >
Harlow |Phoenix |Other people

"Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear. Five hundred -"

"Are you okay Phoenix?"

"No Harlow I'm not okay. I am ready to see land. You know I never thought I'd miss grass as much as I do today. I'm tired of the water. It's depressing."

"Are you feeling homesick?"

"I think my case is worse than something as simple as being homesick. I'm sick of these people. I'm sick of this food. I'm sick of that tiny bed. I'm sick of watching Shooter and Taken. I'm sick of all of it. I try to keep sane by going to the gym but lifting weights and doing cardio can only occupy one for so long."

"Maybe you should get into yoga."

"Yoga?"

"Yeah. Men do yoga. It helps with breath, strengthening, toning, flexibility."

"Do you do yoga Harlow?"

"I do along with meditation."

"Would you teach me yoga? Be my instructor."

"Of course I would!"

"Couples yoga."

"I think it's cute."

"Cute cheesy couple stuff. I like it."

"Me too but I wish that I could do something to help you feel less homesick."

"You do. You answer your phone every morning. By the way my shift is finally FINALLY getting changed. I'll be back amongst the living."

"So you'll be working around the same time as I do? Are you even in the States?"

"As much as I would like to give that information to my girlfriend, I can not."

"Classified?"

"It is."

" . . . . "

" . . . . "

"Well what time is it at least?"

"It is . . . ten fifty-seven a.m., almost eleven . . . We should have been off the phone awhile ago. I recall being told we could only talk for an hour and forty-five minutes."

"Yeah well, I like talking to my boyfriend."

"Mm, mmm, mmm. If I could talk to you all day I would but you need rest. You have to work in the morning don't you?"

"I do but before we get off the phone I wanted to tell you about this plan Timara and I have been trying to figure out."

"Oh yeah?"

"It has to do with Corey."

"Oh, I'm sure it does. I'm all ears."

< : > : < : > : < : >

It was hard keep a secret from Harlow especially since we had just started dating but I wanted it to be a surprise that our deployment was no longer extended.