TWENTY

< : > : Chapter Twenty : < : >
Harlow | Phoenix | Other people

"I can't believe you know Timara."

"Well I don't know her know her. She went to the same high school as Pritchett and I've played him in football. Being that she was in band, it's kind of hard not to look at least once to the people wearing tall hats and capes."

"Apparently her school did it big for their drum majors."

"Apparently."

"You should have been focusing on the game anyway."

"Eh, it was a quick glance. It's not like I was staring or anything like that. A quick look there and back. I still had a game to win."

"I thought you lost that game?"

"Who told you that?"

"You and Corey argued over it, remember?"

"Hm. Maybe. . . So what are you doing for your birthday this weekend?"

"Ah, the big twenty-three. I honestly don't have plans . . . maybe a Skype date with my boyfriend. It's been almost three weeks since the last one."

"I know babe but getting service out in the middle of nowhere is harder than you think."

"I know. I just . . ."

"Miss looking at this handsome face?"

"Yes, of course."

"I know babe. I know. Good looks like mine are hard to come by. Not all are blessed but you girlfriend of mine make me look like a low ten and a half. Your surpass any scale."

"Aww Phoenix."

"Just stating facts baby . . . I know this will suck but I have to say it anyway. You have to be prepared if I can't call you on your birthday BUT I will trying my hardest. I give you my word that I will try, okay?"

"Okay."

"You're not upset, are you?"

"Not really. I know what I was getting into when I asked for us to be official."

"Remember the bet I was telling you about from the other Marines?"

"Yeah."

"So it's still going on."

"Seriously?"

"Until the end of deployment or until I come back home."

"By the time you come back you'll be a few hundred dollars richer."

"WE will be a few hundred dollars richer. You're the other individual involved in this bet so of course you'll get half. I'm not a selfish man."

"So I've heard. Your aunt said that you send money for both her and Dylan every two weeks."

"Why wouldn't I? The woman raised me."

"I'm not saying you shouldn't. I think it's very considerate of you."

"When did you see her?"

"She came up to my job like two days ago. We were actually talking this time unlike the last time I seen her and Dylan."

"I'll take the blame for that."