TWENTY - TWO

< : > : Chapter Twenty - Two : < : >

Harlow | Phoenix | Other people

Taking a bite of my M&M cookie from Subway I tried to brainstorm with Timara on how she should tell Corey that she still likes him. Unfortunately, according to her she no longer has feelings for him but as her best friend I can see through her bull shit.

If I would have known that Prichett was her high school crush this entire time I would have of course had plan for them in the making. Casually bringing her up to him and vice versa. The way she bites the inside of her cheek fighting off a smile anytime I bring him up is cute.

I wasn't sure that there was much interfering that  needed to be done since they were officially roommates now. Phoenix and Timara both confirmed that Corey is single and I know for a fact that Timara is as well. From the little bit of information I got from Phoenix, Corey has never stopped thinking about Timara having a crush on her as well. Eventually sparks in that cozy house of theirs would start to fly, I just needed a way to get Timara to not be afraid of taking the first step.

"Why don't you ask him out to dinner or even like a poetry reading that leads to dinner?"

Moving the rice and orange chicken around her plate she shrugged. "You don't think that's too deep for a first date? What if he doesn't like poetry?"

"But what if he does? Okay, so what about the arcade and then pizza? No one turns down pizza. You two can be cute and share a slice."

"What if he's one of those people who doesn't like pizza or what if he can't have cheese and we have to get a cheese less pizza? What if he likes pineapples on his pizza?"

Rolling my eyes I exhaled loudly purposely. "Timara."

"I can't Harlow. I'm not bold like you."

"You can though. What do you know about Corey that would lead to a cute date?"

Silent for a few minutes stabbing her chicken in thought I finished my cookie bawling up the rest of my trash to throw it away when she finally spoke. "He likes to use his hands. He fixed up most of the house himself."

"So maybe take him to a pottery class or painting. If all else fails you can do a movie night at home but I have to get back to work so I'll think of some more stuff and you should too."

"I'm in no rush to come up with an idea. He already went back to Cali but I'll see you later."

Waving goodbye I tossed my trash away heading back to work ready to knock out the rest of my shift. It was Wednesday and that meant a relaxing much needed pedicure with my best friend at six. Aside from eating lunch together almost everyday we hung out on Wednesdays and sometimes on the weekend. I've even went with her and her mom to the Farmer's Market a few times. Thankful for the introduction to fresher foods and baked goods.

Getting back into my work mode switching out with Journey I helped out the next customer that was grateful I wasn't shutting down the line since Brianna's was so long. Giving them a polite smile and asking if they found everything okay they were nice enough to say that they did and even asked me a few questions needing help choosing between two curling irons.

The rest of my shift went smoothly with no rude customers which is always a plus. Helping Brianna with some things she asked me about Phoenix complimenting how strong I was for dating someone that I've never met.

"I don't really know how to explain it."  I said picking up the picture of her Golden Retriever, Sammie from her desk. "There was a pull that I felt. His voice was nice to listen to, he made silly conversation, and in my lonely life he was somewhat a friend."