1 Where am I?

Okay, where am I?

I've never touched drugs or had the urge to go near them. Ever.

So why am I in a meadow with wild Daffodils everywhere?

Oh God I'm in a dream aren't I? I'm just going to pinch myself to get away from this very nice, blue looking sky and wake up in bed. Okay. Three, two, one!

Ouch!

I yelped after pinching myself turning around to stare at the golden meadow that lay before my eyes. Okay, so it's not a dream. What do I do here?

Something dropped onto my head and fell on the floor and I pouted. How rude, why couldn't this just be handed to me?

"What in damnation?"

I muttered to myself after unravelling the scroll. Wow this is like a character profile. Am I in a game?!

°•°
Name : Susano Mikoto
Age : 18
Gender : Male
Level : 1
Class : G • O • D
°•°

"Hiya!"

I spun around quickly searching for the voice.

"I'm Toto! Nice to meet you! I'll be your guide for a little bit whilst you try to get the hang of things in this world!"

I furrowed my brows, still unable to find the source of the voice. I must look like I'm going mad.

"I'm over here!"

A small, almost see through green hand waved in front of my eyes, making my eyes cross over.

"Oh hello... Toro..."

"It's Toto!" The little creature put its tiny hands on its hips. "Anyway, you're a God in our world for some odd reason and I was sent here to help you!"

"By who?"

"I don't know. It's better not to question things. Anyway! Welcome to our world of Eredea. Right now you're in the Garden of the Fugitives."

"Fugitives?! I'm not a fugitive! I haven't done anything wrong!" I exclaimed, arms flailing about.

"St- Hey! Stop it! It's just a name! It's so that people stay away from this place so don't worry about it! You're a God anyway so it doesn't matter. You can go pew pew and destroy whatever but you have to play nice in Eredea, alright?"

I nodded, sitting down on the ground. I might as well get comfortable.

"So Eredea is our whole world but there are different kingdoms like the Tierra and Beio Kingdoms and the Akita Empire."

I nodded along, silently muttering the names under my breath. Was this going to take long? I was going to need the bathroom soon. Do gods even have to pee?

"There are demons that run rampant in this world though and we have, like, a whole adventurer system and all that good stuff. That's what you're going to have to go through to get money and make a living. I mean I know you're God and all but, come on, be a little humane."

I was just about to groan when I heard that last part but I was suddenly falling through the sky. It took a few seconds for me to comprehend what the heck was happening but when it finally clicked, I screamed my ass off.

"Oof!"

I landed with a thud in a haystack and quickly sat up, trying to find my whereabouts.

"What on Eredea?"

(AN: You know like 'What on Earth?')

An old man stopped his horses before turning around in the cart seat.

"Where did you come from?! Are you tryna steal my hay?" The man gave me the stink eye and I stood up.

"No Sir, I was just on my way when a little sprite thing called Toto told me I was a God and now I'm here." I smiled happily as I hopped off the cart.

"Kids have gone bonkers these days." The man shook his head before looking me up and down. "You know where ya going?"

"Uhm... I have no clue. What's the nearest town?"

"Is in this direction." The man gestured behind him with his thumb and I saw black clouds float into the air.

"Not to alarm you or anything but I think there's a fire in that direction."

"What? You gotta be kidding!"

"W-Wait! Let me join you!" I scrambled to get back onto the cart as the man tugged on the reins, shouting his consent in allowing me to join him. "Do fires occur often?"

"Hell yeah. Especially with the Tierran army goin' around and demanding we pay them taxes! If we don't pay up in time they burn our villages down! This is the third time this year!" The man was shouting over the galloping of the horses, urging them to go faster. "And the demons! I don't even know if we can survive another attack! That damn army must be in cahoots with those filthy creatures!"

Ah, the good old tax system. Of course that still exists in Eredea.

"I'll be happy to help in any way that I can!" I yelled. "As payment for the ride!"

"Good try young man but I bet you don't have a penny to your name!"

"Toto!" I whisper yelled as best as I could. "Toto, where are you?"

"Oh I've found you! There you are!" Toto came flying at me, landing in the mess I call my black hair. "Where did you go! I was still explaining stuff!"

"I fell down for Pete's sake. What else should I know?" I turned to look back at the old man. "You might be right!"

"Who's Pete?"

I just shook my head and rolled my eyes so Toto continued.

The currency in Eredea was in gold, silver and copper. Obviously gold was worth the most and copper the least.

Toto summoned a bag out of nowhere and handed it over to me, claiming that it was some kind of bottomless bag that I should NEVER lose because it's valuable. Good thing I never lose my stuff! Wait, where are my glasses?

Just kidding, I don't even wear glasses!