7 Nymphaea

"If it's not too rude of me Nym, what are you exactly?"

The blush was back in overdrive on Nymphaea as he fumbled with the bed sheets. We were currently seated on his bed, with Nymphaea half under the covers and I on the long edge.

"I'm a Nymph."

"Wouldn't have guessed that." I laughed sarcastically and Nymphaea giggled.

"What about you?"

"I'm just a plain old human." I said before realising that maybe I wasn't so human anymore. "Or a God."

"A-A god?" Nymphaea's eyes widened and he leaned forward, interest peaked. "That's so cool! What can you do?"

"I don't really know the extent of what I can do." I leaned back on my arms. "But I can do stuff with the earth. That's all I've tried really."

"Wow." Nymphaea went quiet, staring at me with awe filled eyes. "A-Are you an adventurer?"

I nodded and Nymphaea muttered a quiet "me too".

"How far along have you gotten?"

Nymphaea groaned and leaned against the wall, a small pout on his face.

"I'm still only Rank F and its been years. I don't think I'm ever going to move up. You're the new Rank S aren't you?"

I nodded, patting Nymphaea's shoulder.

"You'll get there one day. Just be patient."

I'm such a hypocrite. I couldn't even begin to understand the word 'patient'.

I could see the determination in Nymphaea's eyes but he was hesitating to say his next words.

"What is it?"

"I-I know we just met and all..." He bit his lip and it just looked so soft and plump in that moment that I leaned in closer.

"Hmm?"

"C-Could we, you know...?"

"No I don't know. Tell me what you want."

Nymphaea blushed before asking if I could take him on in a party. I agreed and my mood lifted even more when I saw the wide grin that spread across his face.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" Nymphaea burst forwards and wrapped his arms around my neck, placing a hard kiss on my cheek. "Thank you!"

"Calm down there Nym." I ruffled his hair and he gave me a childish glare.

"What should we do? What can we do? You're so far away from me in rank." His mood seemed to deflate within seconds. "Wait do you even have a place to stay? You should stay here with me!" And then his mood went back up again.

Woah, that was really fast.

"Uh no." Nymphaea's smile faltered and I quickly clarified. "I haven't found a place to stay yet so I would love to stay here with you Nym. As long as you don't mind."

"There's a spare bedroom in here!" Nymphaea pointed towards a door. "That can be your room!" He cheered as I agreed.

"It's late Nym, you should get some rest. We can talk more tomorrow if you want."

Nymphaea reluctantly agreed, threatening to tie me to him if I ran away in the middle of the night. He said something along the lines of the party leader not being allowed to abandon his members. I didn't really get it so I just bade him goodnight and went into my own room.

When I woke up the next morning, I was hugging a very warm and very small pillow. It smelt of the forest and fresh air and I couldn't help but inhale deeply, clutching the pillow tightly and snuggling into the fluffiness.

A soft moan made me question my surroundings and I forced myself to open my eyes, seeing a boy wrapped in my arms.

What. The. Hell?

This must be a dream.

But another moan made me realise that this was very real. I didn't have any recollection of taking a boy to bed with me. Did I do something...?

Bright green eyes looked up at mine and I realised that this boy was none other than Nymphaea. Why was he in my bed? I swear he fell asleep in his own last night.

"How did you get here?"

"I had a nightmare and you said I could sleep with you." Nymphaea replied in a small voice.

"Oh." I had some kind of hazy memory of waking up in the middle of the night but it felt like a dream. Man, I'm not even that old yet. What's wrong with my brain? "Good morning anyway."

"Morning." He mumbled and I shook him to stop him from falling back asleep.

"We have to go out and do some things today." Even I was reluctant to leave the bed. Nymphaea just fit so snuggly in my arms and it was the most comfortable thing in the world.

But he perked up at the thought of going out and immediately started getting ready for the day.

"What are we going to do today?"

"I wanted to explore the city a bit more. We could go on a quest after. Do you have the equipment you need?"

Nymphaea shook his head sadly.

"I don't have any potions either... I've been getting by on the low reward quests because that's all I could do."

"Do you mind if I take a look at your stats?"

Nymphaea shook his head and closed his eyes. A brown scroll appeared in front of him seconds later and he handed them over to me.

°•°
Name : Nymphaea Leowu
Age : 18
Gender : Male
Level : 8
Rank : F
Class : Assassin
Title : [Youngest Prince of the Nymphs]
°•°

Nymphaea looked somewhat ashamed when I looked up at him but I just handed the scroll back.

"Don't worry Nym, you'll be up there in no time. You'll be of a rank fit for the youngest prince."