32 Antizieu

7 years later

It took 7 long years to establish ourselves as a powerful kingdom. It was a whole mess of politics, economics and diplomacy which was surprisingly led on by Iris who turned out to be quite the deal maker.

I guess all her information seeking came into handy all these years.

We had a bit of help from Rowen as well who put in a good word or two with the Queen despite knowing us for a very little amount of time which I was quite grateful for.

There was no shortage of demons trying to attack us every few weeks as we were located closest to the dimensional crack however the runes I had placed were well and sturdy, holding the foundation of the kingdom together just like I wanted.

Many people had flocked to our kingdom after hearing of incentives and grants that would be provided by the benevolent king.

And that king . . . would be me.

It was only a few gold that I was offering for the first five years of settlement and they were going to be on their own after that but many have stayed and assisted, allowing the place to flourish. Our Adventurer's Sanction was established a short while ago but was a great contributor to our success in enticing more adventurers to come to us and with the threat of demons attacking, many of the permanent residents were able to increase their strength and levels through well co-ordinated battles.

"Susano?"

I was sitting on the throne, staring off into space yet again as Buka stood in front of me.

He had aged, I could see it clearly. The wrinkles were deeper, his voice hoarser and his back was ever so slightly curved.

He looked fragile.

"Hmm?"

"Leon has been wondering when you're going to go back and teach him how to craft again." Buka had a light smile on his face as the doors to the throne room were pushed open suddenly and an adolescent came rushing in.

"Susano, Susano! Teach me more already! Puh-leaseeee!" Leon, the ever energetic boy, rushed in and started dragging on my sleeve. "The last time you walked me through it was a year ago! Come on come on come on!"

I laughed before threatening to ban him from the castle if he continued pulling my clothes and he immediately became an obedient kid.

"I was only joking." I ruffled his hair and he smacked my hand away.

"No time, lets go!" Leon cheered when I teleported to the blacksmithing workshop in town.

"Oh, Your Majesty." The blacksmith bowed lightly and I nodded back.

I wasn't the gloriest of sights at the moment - my crown was lopsided, hair a poofy mess and my clothes were all wrinkled from sitting in weird positions on the throne, well more like trying to sleep on the throne.

"We're just borrowing it for a little bit." I waved the blacksmith off and he happily obliged. "So, what were we last up to Leon?"

"You made a ball for me last time and I managed to make a spiky ball!"

"Did you practice after that?"

Silence.

"Leon. . ."

"Don't start please." Leon whispered, covering his ears but I heard it loud and clear.

"You seriously didn't think I wouldn't lecture you for not practising for a year? You must be out of your mind Leon." I sighed but ended up teaching the kid how to craft anyway.

I swear the past few years weren't spent with me just lying around. I had practised non-stop with my crafting and was able to become an Advanced Blacksmith. At this point, my items pretty merchantable and with a few enhancements here and there, they could probably go for quite a few silvers and gold.

I even went out to do a tonne of quests with Nymphaea, and Iris would tag along every now and then when she could.

Infusing the weapons with magic was still something I had to work on though.

"Susano look! I made a ball!" Leon cheered, displaying his deformed sphere proudly, making my eye twitch.

"You little-" I laughed as Leon ran away from another scolding.

-

"Hey Susano, someone from Beio wants to meet you." Nymphaea said when I appeared back in the throne room.

"Beio? Why do they want to meet me?"

The Beio Kingdom was the quickest to come to Antizieu to try and establish trade relations with us, despite us not exhibiting any form of valuables at all. It did however help us a great deal in getting people to settle here.

"Not really sure."

"Let them in I guess." I leaned back onto the throne, getting comfortable.

Who knows how long this meeting is going to be?

"You Majesty." The man bowed slightly as he stopped in front of me. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"I know." I was getting tired of all the fake shit people would say to you when you're king. "What do you want?"

"I found something interesting the other day in town and figured out from the towns people that you craft?"

I nodded. "And?"

"I'm a merchant from the Beio Kingdom and I work quite closely with the royals there. I was wondering if we could strike a deal?"

Interesting.

"You see, every craftsman marks their own work in little ways and yours has caught the attention of those in Beio."

"And so?" I leaned on an enclosed fist and crossed a leg over the other.

"I was wondering if you would be so kind as to engage in exclusive trades with me?"

There was a whole discussion I had to go through with the guy. It turns out they wanted me to sell them my weapons because some of the ones that I put on the market had mana stones embedded into them.

Apparently, that was rare.

But I still had yet to make magically infused weapons.

How did the blacksmiths do it?

"Sure, we'll go ahead with those arrangements. I'll see you in Beio."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

And that's how we ended up going on a trip to Beio Kingdom.