29 Forgotten Past

We continued walking through the dungeon, leaving the Hunting Room as soon as the exits were unblocked.

It was silent and I was glad Iris didn't mention anything about what happened.

All we could do was watch as Aaron's body disappeared into little particles and only his dadao was left behind.

Again, nothing happened for a while, as if the dungeon could feel our solemn atmosphere and decided to stay put. Even when we walked through a number of different rooms, nothing else popped up to disturb us.

All the treasures were shown in front of us and I just put them away in silence.

All that was running through my head was the fact that I took away someone's chance.

I took away their opportunity at another life.

I felt guilty.

Even if Aaron was going to fight us and betray us just for some materialistic items, it didn't change the fact that I put him down.

"I-"

"Let's try and forget about it." Iris pat me on the back, giving me a gentle smile. "It was me or him, you know? You saved me Susano."

She was right; it was her or Aaron.

"It doesn't change what you did, the fact still remains that he is gone, but. . ." Iris trailed off, looking ahead. "It was a decision that you had to make in a split second. All adventurers accept the fact that they will face danger that can kill them. As a B-ranker, I think he knew that well. He was in the industry long enough and it was just his time. . . so, don't beat yourself up over the inevitable."

Iris pat me on the arm and walked ahead.

"She's right." Nymphaea mumbled next to me. "Anything could happen out here."

I nodded, breathing out a sigh.

It just- It was so unexpected. . .

I know I'll never be using that magic again.

We walked for ages before entering a crystal filled room, making a pit stop to have a small meal.

"These are high grade mana stones!" Iris exclaimed, picking up a loose piece.

"Mana stones?" I picked up a small, blue crystal.

"Blacksmiths can use them to make or enhance equipment or you can just sell them for some gold. They're pretty rare these days."

"We should collect them!" Nymphaea piped up, going around the room and breaking some off with his dagger. His little bag overfilled within minutes and looked like it was about to burst open at the seams.

"Nym, stop for a second." I gestured for him to come over and hand his bag to me.

I opened up my own bag and emptied everything inside.

"You might want to put it in here instead." I handed my bag over to Nymphaea who continued to pick the mana stones until the blue glow in the room dimmed.

"Here you go." Nymphaea handed the bag back to me and I was thankful that there was no drastic change in the weight or anything.

It still felt like absolutely nothing was in it.

Awesome.

"Let's move on." I said when we began walking through another long corridor.

This time, more monsters appeared and we were quick to evade or kill them off. They were all mixtures of odd, everyday items such as an apple and a crow. . . and a mix of banana and. . . is that a goat?