26 Dungeon Rumours

"Hey have you heard of that new dungeon that popped up outside Tierra?"

I could hear constant whispers as I walked through town towards the Adventurer's Sanction.

"Apparently you can become super rich if you can defeat it but some people have already tried going in and not everyone came back alive."

I looked over at Nymphaea who was already looking at me with shining eyes.

He's not thinking of going to the dungeons, is he?

Because I'm sure I'm rich enough right now. . . Toto was pretty generous when he gave me that bag in the beginning.

"Ooft!"

I watched as a girl bumped into Nymphaea, dropping her books.

"I-I'm sorry. I wasn't watching, my bad my bad!" She looked up and I could almost see her starstruck gaze when she saw who she bumped into.

"J-Just watch where you're going next time." Nymphaea smiled lightly and the girl blushed.

No way. . .

I chuckled inwardly at my own thoughts.

There's no freaking way right?

"What's your name?" I handed some of the books on the ground to the girl who turned to look at me like a Meerkat. I flinched when my arm burned.

I guess that blister injury from the Frigid Island quest never fully healed. . . I have to take a look at it later.

"I-Iris." And she gasped. "You're that new S-ranker aren't you!"

Now it was my turn to be on the receiving end of her starstruck gaze . . . but it was unlike the one that she gave to Nymphaea.

If you get what I mean.

All I'm guessing is. . .maybe. . . just maybe, a little Iris has a crush on a little Nymphaea.

But it's just a guess. . .

I mean, its only been like 2 seconds since they met.

"So Iris." I started with a somewhat knowing smile. "Are you doing anything later today?"

"M-Me?! Of course not.O-Or maybe I'll go to that dungeon!"

"By yourself, Iris?" I faked an amazed gasp. "That won't do. Why don't you join Nymphaea and I instead?"

"J-Join you?! That would be ah-mazing!" She clapped giddily and Nymphaea looked annoyed at her antics.

I mean he tried to hide it in front of Iris but he gave me a little scowl when she turned away for a second.

"Do you know where the dungeon is anyway?" Nymphaea asked when Iris was about to start blabbering.

"People are saying it's somewhere between Tierra Kingdom and Beio Kingdom. But that's a really big area so I'm not too sure how people are finding out about it so quickly. Maybe someone knows the details."

"D'you mind helping us ask around?" I asked, walking towards the exit.

"Do I mind?! Of course not!" Iris smiled so brightly I swear her cheeks would be sore after this encounter.

"Here, keep in contact with this ring." I handed Iris one of the rings that Nymphaea and I received from the Elven Queen.

It turns out these rings could also be used as a communication device, like the one that the queen gave to Robert.

"Awesome!"

"We'll meet back here in a few hours to regroup." I waved at Iris as Nymphaea all but dragged me off.