15 Finishing up

"Ah, I've done it again!" Mae declared as she held up a beautifully crafted wand. It was a sleek gold, a stark contrast to Robert's 'wand', with a smooth exterior.

"That's so pretty Aunt Mae!" Nymphaea held the wand in his hands. "It's so light too!"

I laughed when I looked at what I created. This was not what I expected!

I was aiming for a long, lightweight staff with a small bulb on one end to embed some magic into it but... I ended up with a short brown stick, resembling a thick twig.

"Good try." Mae consoled me when she saw my staff. "It's better than Robert's at least."

Nymphaea nodded in agreement and I just shrugged.

"It's a good start I guess."

Nymphaea and I continued to practice crafting throughout the day until Mae called us out again for food.

"Ah man, Aunt Mae, I couldn't craft anything nice!" Nymphaea pouted and Mae only laughed, claiming that one day, he would be able to make something up to his standards.

"We're holding a feast tonight!" Mae clarified when she saw our stupefied expressions at the banquet that lay before us. "To celebrate the arrival of Eredea's god!"

The banquet hall was noisy with fairies making conversations everywhere. Some were flying around, serving more and more food and restocking empty plates. Since when did fairies eat so much?! They were so small!

"To the god!" Everyone had shouted in unison, clinking their cups with each other.

Mae led Nymphaea and I to a seat and we happily obliged, eating to our hearts content.

"Where's Robby?" Nymphaea laughed when he saw Robert appear with a disgusted look on his face.

"Don't call me that, I hate that name."

"I'm telling Lilliana on you!"

"N-No! Don't tell her that!" Robert panicked and began piling food onto Nymphaea's plate in order to appease him. "Here! Eat up and enjoy!"

And with that Robert ran away to mingle with the crowd.

-

It was a struggle to get up the next day. I was bloated from the banquet last night so I laid in bed for hours, arms stretched out, before deciding to roll out.

"Good afternoon!" Mae had called out when I greeted her. "Robert's gone to get Felix so he'll be back soon."

"Awesome. Where's Nymphaea?"

"I think he's stuck to the anvil. He woke up this morning and went straight to crafting."

"Thank you!" I went on a search for the room and found Nymphaea struggling with a piece of metal.

"You alright there?"

Nymphaea jumped and spun around, black soot marring his features, making his green eyes look like they were glowing.

It was a beautiful sight, actually.

"Any luck?"

Nymphaea shook his head sadly with a little pout.

"Why is this so hard?" He threw the metal aside and plopped down on a stool.

"Practice makes perfect, remember?"

"But practice is taking too long! I just wanna do it and be good at it. Like Aunt Mae!"

"Aunt Mae practiced."

"Yeah well- I don't want to!"

"Then you're never going to get better." I pat his back when he sighed.

"Fine. That just means we'll have to stay here longer."

"I don't know if we can. Robert went to get Felix."

"Who's Felix?"

"Lilliana's bird. Don't forget we took a quest."

A look of realisation lit up Nymphaea's face and he nodded.

"I'm back humans!"

We turned around to find Robert standing at the doorway with a bird perched on his head.

"Well, you aren't really human but whatever." Robert rolled his eyes and the bird smacked his head with a claw. "Hey that hurts, Felix!"

The bird seemed to roll its eyes at Robert and smacked him again.

"Well, guys this is Lilliana's bird so here you go. Take him back."

"Uhm how do you hold a bird?"

"Just hold out your arm or something, I don't know. Felix does whatever he wants." Robert muttered. "Just like Lilliana."

"I heard that Robert!"

The voice rang loud and clear from the ring that Robert wore.

"Dammit, I forgot!" Robert face palmed, groaning before making Felix fly over to Nymphaea.

"That's a nice look, Nym." I smiled as Nymphaea tried to get Felix off of his head.

"Get him off!"

"No. You look cute like that."

"B-But what if Felix hits me? Like he did with Robert?"

"You'll be fine. You're a tough, little prince, aren't you?"

Nymphaea nodded resolutely-

Well, until Felix smacked his head with his claw.

-

Oh my goodness, hi again 😂
This is kind of where my brain starts dying and is unable to come up with a progression in the storyline. So, beware of boring chapters 😢

On another note, we've hit 3k reads! Thank you to everyone for taking the time to check this book out! ♥️