19 It's Time

Two weeks later

"Robert! Where the hell are you?" I called out, searching for the boy who still had the crystal ball.

I needed it a week ago!

"I'm here, I'm here!" He panted, rushing over with the ball in his hands. "I did it! There's just a lot of people in the kingdom, okay? I've barely slept and ate and played and tal-"

I glared at him and he gulped.

"Okay so maybe I left it to the last minute . . ."

"Just hand it over Robert. I'm going to start the spell now so get ready or whatever." I rolled my eyes, making the ball levitate behind me as I walked away. "Where's the center of the kingdom?"

"The center . . .?" Robert thought for a moment before yelling out "the throne room!"

Thus, I headed towards the throne room. The reasoning behind this was that being in the center would allow me to effectively cover the whole kingdom evenly when trying to teleport everyone. I had to enter some sort of meditative state in order to be able to concentrate and get the job done.

The room was silent and my footsteps echoed slightly as I walked through it. It was weird to see it so empty when there was a banquet in here just the other day. I sat cross legged on the red carpet embroidered with elegant gold designs.

Thank goodness this place was cleaned on the daily. Well, it looked clean anyway.

I moved the crystal ball in front of me, floating just an arms length away. I closed my eyes, taking in deep breaths, focusing on the mana within my body.

I could just imagine myself falling asleep to be completely honest.

I was in such a calm state that I was able to feel everything. My sensitivity to the world increased tenfold. I could feel the particles on my skin and the beats of my own heart, a constant thumping against the silence. Reaching out for the crystal ball, I felt a jolt run through my body as the mana surged around me, encircling my body in its blue light and clashing against my own gold one.

I could almost feel the mana turn into ropes, binding itself against each other and intertwining the power held within each respective colour.

Blue to represent the whole of the Fairy Kingdom.

Gold to represent my own.

It was mesmerising especially since it was occurring in my head making the colours so bright and vivid, almost blinding.

My brows furrowed when I felt another jolt through my body as the mana plunged itself within my chest, causing spasms of pain to shoot through me. A ringing started in my head and I could feel the sweat rolling down my body.

What was happening?

"Susano!"

The scream caused me to gasp and my eyes flew open. The world seemed to shine a golden light before the mana reversed and flew out of my body and back into the crystal ball. It was almost like an out of body experience, where the ropes of mana untangled themselves into their respective colours and flew back to their origins. I shuddered as the emptiness settled in and I struggled to keep my eyes open before slouching, watching as a dark figure ran towards me.

-

"Ah, Aunt Mae! I-I don't know what happened. One moment I'm calling out for him and the next he's f-fainting and-  Is he going to be okay?"

I'm perfectly fine, Nymphaea.

Well, that's what I wanted to say but my eyes stayed shut and my lips were still.

I guess my little ol' brain still worked. Is that a good thing? I dunno.

"He'll be fine, Nym. Don't worry, see?" I assumed Mae was the one who touched me. "He's still responsive and should be up in a bit. I'm sure Susano just needs some rest because he's been working non-stop alright?"

"Okay." I could just hear the pout in Nymphaea's voice.

I willed myself to open my eyes when I heard a door shut but only managed to make them half lidded. I guess that's good enough.

Time to go back to sleep.

-

Ah man, the sun was really freaking bright today. What a way to wake up!

I sat up in bed, squinting at the bright light that assaulted my eyes.

"Da- Susano! Y-You're up!"

"Hey little Nymph. What have you been up to?" I ruffled Nymphaea's hair when he came closer and he blushed.

"N-Nothing much." He replied. "I-I just took care of you." Nymphaea mumbled and I grinned.

"Well thank you for your care. It was wonderful."

Even though I was kind of asleep the whole time but . . . eh.

"Now what day is it and what month are we in?"

"It's only the seventh day of month X. So, just under a week since you were in the throne room. Aunt Mae said your body had to regenerate the lost mana which is why you were asleep for so long."

"I lost mana? But I thought it came back to me."

"Well I- Did it? I don't really know. All I saw was gold and blue and lots of light and then you fainted and then I panicked and I think I ran around like a headless chicken but I can't really remember because everything happened so fast and I rea-"

"Nymphaea, breathe."

Nymphaea's eyes were wide as he took in a deep breath.

"Better?"

"Better." He smiled and I pat the spot next to me, gesturing for him to take a seat. "S-So what are you going to do now? Aunt Mae says you should be fine now but I think you should take it easy for a little longer. Are you going to try the teleportation again? Maybe you should do it another day. Can you do it another day? I think you should do it another day."

"Nym, calm down!" I laughed and pat his head lightly. "I'll try another day. Maybe tomorrow!"

Nymphaea glared at me but I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, rewarding myself with a brilliant flush of his cheeks.

Ah, I'll never get tired of those squishy red cheeks!