6 Did the system mess up?

"What is going on?" A buff, strong looking man descended from the stairs along with the green haired girl.

"S-Sir Anthony." The guy who attacked me suddenly became meek and bowed slightly.

"Aaron, what did you do this time?" Anthony sighed, folding his arms over his chest.

"N-Nothing." Aaron backed away when Anthony came closer.

The green haired girl pointed at me after tapping Anthony's shoulder and whispering in his ear.

"I assume you are Susano. Please, come with me upstairs." Anthony gestured for me to follow and so I did, receiving many stares from the people surrounding the area.

"So what's this all about?" I asked when we entered another room.

"You've defeated a very high level demon that would take many men to handle. I'm interested in how you did it."

"Magic." I shrugged. "How high level was it though?"

"Quite high, almost an S rank."

Oh... Hey I'm pretty strong then.

"Yeah so do I really have to go through being a Rank F?" I voiced my distaste immediately.

"Well..." Anthony looked to be deep in thought. "You are only level 2 from what Celeste has told me. Usually, adventurers do not make it to Rank S until they are almost level 45. Even then, our kingdom only has two others at that level."

Ah... So am I going to be Rank F or not?

"I've decided to allow you to be a Rank S though you must keep striving to achieve more and go further. There is still Rank SS and more titles to achieve."

"What do I get for getting higher ranks?"

"The more difficult quests which of course have much greater rewards. You also get to fight on the front lines against the demons in times of war which is a great honour for us adventurers."

So basically, I have to risk my life more. Well, I didn't know I was signing up for that.

"You have the chance to be rewarded land or special, magically infused equipment. One of our Rank S fighters has been officially knighted by the Queen of Tierra and is a great general that is helping hold the demons back."

He's obviously not doing a very good job if villages are getting attacked.

"Though our numbers are becoming smaller. The Beio Kingdom and Akita Empire should probably be in a similar position to ours."

"Okay... Is there anything else I should know?"

"Nothing else for now. Just take this." Anthony said, handing over a shiny object. "Wear it however you want. It is a sign that you are of higher rank and should be respected for your efforts."

EFFORTS? HAHAHA. I laughed inwardly. All I did was kill a demon and demand that I shouldn't be Rank F.

"That's cool. I'll be going now." I waved shortly and exited the building, throwing the little pin in my bag. Whatever.

I was walking, minding my own business when I felt water cascade down my body. I swear I didn't summon a rain cloud so I slowly looked up to see the shocked expression of a fair skinned boy on a balcony. He had a bucket in his hand.

I ran my hand through my hair. Damn, I was drenched and I hadn't found an inn to stay in yet. I looked up again to find the boy gone.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry I didn't think anyone was walking there and the bucket was too heavy so it slipped a bit and fell down and I'm so sorry for making you wet and if you wanted to, you can come in and dry off. I-I have towels in there and you can take a shower and everything and-"

I shushed the boy before he could continue rambling nonsense and agreed to go in with him. He was cute.

"Next time, please watch where you're throwing water." I pulled my shirt off, hating the feeling of wet clothes sticking to my skin.

The boy stared at me with his green eyes and I cocked a brow.

"Is something wrong?"

"N-No, nothing's wrong!" The boy blushed and turned away. Was he checking me out?

"What's your name?"

"I'm Nymphaea." Nymphaea had a cute, boyish smile on his face as he asked for my name in return.

"Susano." I smiled back. "Do you mind if I borrow the shower for a bit?"

Nymphaea agreed quickly, directing me to the bathroom.

I loved the feeling of hot water gliding down my back as I washed myself. Ah drats, there's only a towel. All I could do was walk out of the shower with the towel hanging around my waist.

Nymphaea let out a scream when he saw me and scrambled under the bed covers, trying to peek discreetly.

"Good try Nym. I see you looking."

He gasped and stuttered out, "I-I am not l-looking!"

"Well thank you for the shower but I have no spare clothes with me so, I guess I'm going to have to go out like this." I sighed, shaking my head. "If only I didn't get wet."

The guilty look swept across Nymphaea's face like a tsunami and he was scrambling through his closet in the next second.

"I'm sorry, this is all I have." Nymphaea held out some shorts to me, head bowed down.

"I was only joking Nym, but thank you."

This boy with his shining green eyes and fluffy blonde hair was cute beyond belief. His ears were slightly sharp and I came to the conclusion that he was some kind of elf.