25 Mayor Leroy

"So. . ." I stared at Leroy. "If you're like. . . this, what about little James?"

"Leave him out of this."

I was slowly forming a golden orb behind my back as I spoke to Leroy.

"Why should I?"

He would notice the orb soon, I think.

"Because I said so!"

Leroy dashed towards me at an inhumane speed, punching me square in the gut.

I was knocked backwards into a tree and the air escaped my lungs. My body was stunned for a few seconds and the pain bloomed all over my back and stomach area. The orb dissipated in an instant as I slouched and slid to the ground. My head was whirring and spinning as I struggled to stand.

I looked up at Leroy, who was coming in quickly for another hit.

I barely managed to escape the punch as the tree that I was just leaning against splintered and broke right through the middle.

Now imagine if that had hit me!

"Why are you doing this, Leroy?"

He didn't reply. Instead, a stronger purple glow emanated from his body, almost as if he was trying to tell me to stand down. Leroy stood in his place, arms to his side, covered in a purple mist.

"Lero-"

"Stop talking so much!" Leroy threw the purple mana orbs at me as he yelled, causing the ground to shake slightly.

"I can't help it okay! You're the one who put the stupid request in so why the hell are you the one stopping me from getting the flame back?" I yelped as an orb managed to hit my arm, causing the skin to blister.

I grit my teeth as the pain intensified. What the hell is happening?!

"I can't t-" Leroy groaned and suddenly went quiet, his head moving almost as if he was stretching his neck.

Clicking sounds could be heard as everything else became silent. 

He was acting almost like a. . . puppet. His body was limp but he continued to attack me, physically and magically. White veins began spreading across his body and up his neck the more he attacked and a pained expression remained on his face despite his lifeless, black eyes. 

What the hell?

Leroy stood still for a long time after that and no sound was made again.

I had to take the opportunity to take him down and quickly summoned a golden orb, dashing forwards to come face to face with Leroy. His eyes were closed, face looking towards the ground and it seemed as if he was not taking a single breath. 

My vision cleared and a target-like icon appeared on his chest, most likely zoning into his core.

He was a demon after all.

I smashed the orb into his chest and it was almost as if my magic had brought him back to life.

He gasped and a bright gold light shone from the veins in his body, fracturing the image of him for a second before he became whole again.

"The world is not as simple as it seems, God of Eredea." 

Leroy's body had a faint glow as it shattered like glass into tiny pieces, leaving behind a small blue crystal.

"Towards the centre." A soft wind blew snow in the direction of the whisper as I picked up the blue crystal and pocketed it.

Quickly lifting Nymphaea up with the help of a little bit of magic, I paced through the snow towards what I assumed was the centre.