dg | you're a dick 3 | ending 2

warning ;;
none.

keyword ;;
(Y/N) — your name

::

( YOUR P. O. V. )

You plopped yourself on the couch, your hands aggressively scratching your head and pulling on your hair. A loud groan could be heard from you, as your mind wandered to the incident that occurred two days ago.

"Did he really mean it? Does he really love me?" You thought to yourself, his words to you looped in your head.

Tired of the non-stop thoughts running around in your head, you turned on the television to watch a show — in hopes to block them.

As usual, it seemed like the universe had another thing for you — the doorbell rang loudly.

"Can't everyone just leave me alone?" You cried in your mind. Socialising was the least thing you wanted to do that day.

Nonetheless, you reluctantly stood up from your seat and opened the door.

Of course, the person had to be one of Dick's best of friends; Wally West, or as you'd like to call him to annoy him — Walmart.

To think about it, it had actually been so long since you last talked with any of his friends.

"Hey. I've come to say something about him." 

"Uh — hey, yeah, I figured. Come inside, I guess." Opening the door wider to let him in, he shook his head and explained that he was in a hurry.

Without wasting any time, he quickly explained the whole ordeal. "So, I've known about the situation between you and him. You know, he's still disappointed about it and rarely even goes out from his room because it has too many memories of you and him. He isn't the same. I know you are mad at him but can you please just, talk to him."

"Uh, that's a lot to take in but I'll think about it, so give me some space. I'm sure you'll understand." He nodded understandingly. 

"Yes, I can do that. Please talk to him, I can't stand him anymore." You chuckled and rolled your eyes at his statement as he took a step back before you closed the door.

( TIME SKIP ! )

Your knuckled rested on the wooden door — turning white as you clenched it tightly. Taking a deep breath as you reluctantly knocked on it.

The old butler that you had become familiar with, Alfred Pennyworth, opened it and smiled when he saw you standing before him.

"Good evening, Miss (Y/N). What brings you here?" He signalled for you to come in, which you gladly did.

"Wally told me about him. He wanted me to meet him."

You received an apologetic look from him as he said, "I've heard about it. I'm deeply sorry for you, Miss (Y/N). I have never thought Master Dick would treat you like this."

You shook your head and quickly said, "No, it's not your fault. If anything, it was his choice to do it. Now, may I excuse myself to meet him?"

"As you wish, Miss (Y/N). Master Dick is upstairs in his room." You bowed slightly towards him and walked upstairs towards his bedroom.

You stood behind the door and bit your lips as you knocked on his door. Doing this had never crossed your mind before and yet now here you were. You were contemplating your decisions coming here before it finally being cut off.

"Ugh, how many times I have to tell you guys to stop bothering me?" Agonising seconds had passed and the door finally opened before you; you were surprised to see him, to say the least.

He looked shitty. His used to be silky black hair — that your fingers once loved going through — was dishevelled and unkempt. You noticed that the terrible eye bags under his blue eyes and his stance looked more sluggish than usual. 

In spite of that, you hated to admit this, but he still looked handsome as ever.

"Who — (Y/N)? What are you doing here?"

"Hi, Dick. Wally told me about your condition and to be honest, he wasn't wrong." He flinched and winced at your statement, embarrassed because he knew you were right.

"Wally, huh? I told him not to tell you about this." He sighed for a moment. "It's too late to shoo you out, so come in, I guess."

You entered his room, and all you saw was his clothes scattered everywhere. His cheeks brightened up, realising your scrutinising gaze looking at his room. He hastily throw the clothes on his bed into his laundry basket.

"I think it's good that he told me about you, after all, he is the main reason I came here." You broke the unpleasant silence. "Of course, unless you want me to go?" You questioned him as he quickly shook his head and grabbed your wrist as if you would go if he was to release it.

"No, no. I would love it if you'd stay here." He paused. "Okay, I must say that sounds creepy but please stay. I miss your company." He muttered, more to himself, but you could still hear it since you were so close to each other.

"Actually, I came here, not just to see you." You avoided his questioning stare and trained your eyes to the ground before continuing, "I — After we met at the cafe, I had time to think again about your offer, and I — I think I still love you."

"Really? Does that mean you will give me a second chance?" He babbled, a smile forming on his face. You nodded your head vigorously and grinned at him.

He leaned in towards you while looking into your eyes — as if he was asking a permission to kiss you. You put your hands around his neck and he took it as a yes. He cupped your cheeks and kissed you passionately as your hands found their way to his black hair. Closing your eyes, as you basked in the moment.

You opened your eyes again when you finally parted from each others, and saw him looking at you with unconditional love in his eyes.

He placed his forehead against yours and murmuring, "Thank you for giving me a chance, (N/N). I promise not to waste it this time."

"Yeah, that sounds nice."

::