jt | i can't

a/n ;;
didn't edit this chapter.

warning ;;
angst but what's new

keywords ;;
(Y/N) — your name

::

( YOUR P. O. V. )

The window creaked open, chilly air coming inside the bedroom. You sat silently at the side of the bed as you heard his footsteps towards you.

"Still up?" You nodded without looking at him. The rustling of him taking off his leather jacket filling up the silent.

He grunted as he touched the bloody spot on his stomach. You stood without a word, as you grabbed the first aid kit nearby and patched him up.

"Why are you being so silent? Something wrong?" He inquired. You looked up to him once you were done patching him up.

"Let's talk, Jason." No humour could be heard in your voice, and he was starting to get nervous.

A talk never meant any good.

Never.

You signalled for him to sit beside you on the bed, and he followed without hesitance.

"I can't do this anymore." His eyes widened and he looked at you to find any clues, anything that you might be joking.

To his luck, there was none. Your eyes as empty as ever. That's a first. It usually conveyed affections. Undying love. Now that he was close to your face, he could see the streak of your tears and your nose was red. Crying. You had been crying.

Why? He didn't do anything, right? He sure as hell didn't cheat, he loved you too much.

"What? What do you mean by that?"

"You know, Jason. I know you know what I meant by that. I can't continue this relationship." You said, eyes on everywhere but him. The last thing you would want to see was him. In order to make this work.

"Why? Everything we have is fine." He argued with you, but hearing you chuckle bitterly made his heart pound faster than ever.

"Jason, it's anything but fine. You know that, I know that, we both know that." You muttered slowly, he could barely catch your words. Although, he wished he didn't.

"I can't bare to see you out there, fighting the guys. I- I can't. I can't see you risking your life every damn night." You continued, your eyes finally locking with that dreamy eyes of his.

Oh, how much you would miss it. The eyes that you would see every time you opened your eyes.

"You know why I do it. You stepping into a relationship with me, knowing the risks. Why now, (Y/N)?"

"Exactly, I thought I could handle this. Seems like I overestimated myself, huh? I stepped in before, and now I'm stepping out." His bushy eyebrows furrowed, hurt displayed all over his face.

"We could still make this work. Think about it." At this point, he pleaded you. Pleaded for you to change your mind. Maybe, just maybe, if he tried enough, you would.

"No, I can't and you can't change my mind." Stubborn, that had always been you. You stood your ground firmly as you kissed his lips one last time. The last kiss you both would ever share together. It was soft and slow, as you put all your emotions in it.

You turned away from him and standing up hastily. Grabbing the bag that you had prepared, you reached for the door.

"I love you." His voice breaking behind you, and so was your heart. Your lips felt dry, but so were your tears. The tears that shed every time when he went out, going on missions.

"I- I love you too, but I can't do this anymore. Farewell, Jason." You gave him your last smile, it was genuine but bittersweet. Just like your relationship.

As the door closed, he dropped. Thoughts swirling in his mind as tears streaming down his gorgeous face.

Maybe, maybe he didn't tried hard enough. Maybe his love for you wasn't enough. Too much for him, but wasn't enough to you.

::