jt | stay

a/n ;;
i didn't edit this chapter. anyways, i wasn't familiar with jason todd when i wrote this. this is when he's still robin.

warning ;;
death, perhaps??

keyword ;;
(Y/C/N) - your code name
(Y/N) - your name

::

( YOUR P. O. V. )

You were running and jumping across the buildings, trying to catch the criminal that had ran away successfully from the scene.

You were growing tired, but that didn't stop you from trying as you couldn't let Batman, and mostly, Robin down.

Robin.

The name that made you smile everytime you think of it.

You shook the thoughts away as you refocused your attention towards the criminal.

You were puzzled when you realised he was not in your sight. You quickly jumped into one of the building and landing on the hard surface.

You looked around and was a little disappointed when you didn't found anything related to him.

You were about to leave the building to report to Batman about his sudden disappearance when you heard footsteps behind you, causing you to whip around.

You saw the sight in front of you, it, or to be more precise, he was infront of you. He was smirking and you despised that look on his face.

"Ah, I thought you're going to find me. It's disappointing, to say the least when you can't. Bats would've done a better job than you." He chuckled, making you rolled your eyes at him.

"Shut up, you're going to regret that when you're begging for my mercy." You snarled at him.

"Sure, I am sure that Bats would totally be happy about it." You gritted your teeth and put up your fighting stance before punching his face with full force, making him fall to the ground.

"Ah, a hot-tempered sidekick, I see? Well, this is getting more and more exciting." He giggled, despite him being in an utter pain.

You often wonder, 'How could one be so happy?'

He stood up slowly before putting up a fighting stance too. You launched yourself at him and used your all skills to hurt him in an absolutely painful way.

You were too busy to notice when he grabbed his gun with his free hand and shoot you a couple of times at your chest.

You fell to the ground, causing a loud crash sound to happen as he laughed loudly at your current helpless state.

"Hopefully, Bats can save you. It's only a matter of time before you bleed to death." He snickered before leaving you alone.

You wanted to call Batman or Robin or even anyone, but you couldn't find the strength to do so. You were almost dying, there were no doubts in that.

You were about to lose hopes as Batman and his sidekick, Robin jumped down.

Robin sprinted towards you and immediately checked your pulse, letting out a sigh of relief.

"(Y/C/N), are you there? Alive, no?" He asked you, shaking your body gently.

You groaned and muttered,

"Still alive, not sure for how long though. Stop shaking me, it hurts." He gulped, he was holding your hand and running his fingers through your hair while Batman called for help.

"I'm sure that you'll live through this." He gave you a half-hearted smile as you winced because of the pain you were in. It was unbearable for you.

"Sure. Promise me, you will stay with me. I could- couldn't do this alone." You had a coughing fit and he gave you a worried look.

"(Y/N), promise me you will live. I- I promise that I will get you ice cream later, fuck, I will give you anything you want - no stealing involved. As long as you stay." He took his mask off, not caring if Batman would be mad at him. It was painful to see the sight before you, his eyes were red and tears were falling down his cheeks.

"Y-yeah. Ice cream, s-sure. I'd love that." You smiled before coughing out more blood.

"Please, oh my god —  Batman, when is help going to come!?" He asked, desperate to make sure you were going to be alive.

"Be patient, Robin." Batman said, already knowing that you weren't going to make it out alive.

"Patient!? She's fucking dying, Batman!" He hissed in anger, tears already pooling in his eyes. You were going to die in front of his eyes — and he couldn't let that happen! You stopped him from charging towards Batman — by

You didn't want to sound pessimistic but you knew that you were going to be dead.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I can't do it. It hurts, Jay. So much." You cried, knowing that you were in the brink of death.

"No, stop, I'm begging you, please, oh my God. You said — you said that you are strong." You looked at his blue eyes - that you had grown to love since you first met - for the last time before finally closing your eyes.

"No, no, no. You promise, you promised me. You broke the promise! How dare you!? You told me you're strong." He shouted at you, tugging your bloody hand.

His body shook as sobs engulfed his body while Batman watched the sight pitifully.

"I swear by my life that I will avenge you." He promised you, as he linked his pinky finger with yours.

He didn't knew that he would join you shortly after. He didn't knew that it would be the same person.

-