td | crush

warning ;;
ooc tim, two time skips, cliche, a bit swearing ( does damn count as swearing? )

keywords ;;
(Y/N) — your name

::

( YOUR P. O. V. )

You groaned as you turned off her alarm clock. You were about to sleep again, only foryour mother yelled from downstairs to wake you up.

Yawning before getting off the bed, you muttered under your breath, "Do I really need to go to school?" She didn't waste any time to get ready to go to school as she didn't want to get scolded by her mother.

( TIME SKIP ! )

Making her way through the packed hallway to her locker. A sigh escaped your lips as you slowly opened your locker and took the books needed, only to be stopped when you heard the chattering — occasionally accompanied with shrieks — becoming louder.

Looking around, your gaze fell on the boy that you had longed for forever — Timothy Jackson Drake.

The most popular boy in school as he was the adopted kid of the one and only Bruce Wayne; not to mention that he was very intelligent, a genius even. 

He was your best friend, and the reason why it was a pain to say that since you had an enormous crush on that particular boy.

He seemed to realise you were staring since he waved happily at you and quickly made his way towards you.

"Good morning, (F/N)!" Tim greeted you and smiled happily as he leaned against your locker. You would've screamed there if it wasn't for you didn't want to look weird in front of everyone else there.

You greeted him, ignoring the growing swarm of butterflies in your stomach. You parted ways with since you two had different classes that day.

You were thinking of him as the time passed by in the class that morning as you came to realisation.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Should I confess to him?" Smiling giddily at the thought — before frowning immediately as you thought of the worst. "But what if he rejects me? That will been awkward — or worse, our whole friendship will be destroyed."

You didn't realised that you had been daydreaming for that whole class period when the bell rang loudly and snapping you out of the daydream. You sighed and continued your day as usual.

( TIME SKIP ! )

It was finally Valentine's Day and you were freaking out inside. You made him home-made chocolates and wrote him a letter to meet you at the park after school.

You slipped the letter inside his locker carefully early in the morning and making sure no one saw your actions — especially not him.

'It's okay. Maybe, maybe he likes me back? Be positive!'

You waited patiently at the park while hiding the box of chocolates behind her. You tapped your feet against the ground as you were exteremely nervous and started to think negatively.

You stopped abruptly when you heard footsteps coming over to yourdirection.

"He's here. Damn, what should I do? Should I just say this is a prank?" You bit your lips in anticipation and smiled nervously at him.

Tim jogged to your directions before stopping in front of you before asking you, "So, what are you doing here?"

"Um-" Before you could even explain yourself, Tim cut your sentence.

"I got a love letter from someone. Not sure who though."

You were starting to regret this.

"Tim, I am the one who wrote the letter. I, uh, like you for a long time now. I think it's a, uh, perfect opportunity to confess to you on Valentine's Day. I really hope you will accept me as your girlfriend." You nervously said to him. Suprisingly, you didn't stuttered too much which you were very glad for.

His face seemed surprised — and disappointed?

Oh God, what had you done?

"O — oh, it's you. I wasn't expecting you as the sender. I was kind of expecting someone else. I am sorry, (Y/N) but I don't like you. I am sure someone else will." He looked guilty as he avoided your gaze.

He was expecting someone else. Of course.

"Expecting someone else?" You stopped for a while, trying to contain the tears from leaking. "Do you mind if I ask who is this lucky girl?" Even though it hurt you, you had to know who stole his heart.

"Pretty sure you know her already. She's Stephanie Brown," he stated.

Stephanie Brown. How had you not known? It was obvious that he had a crush on her; he would always talk about her. Were you so blinded by your crush that you couldn't see it earlier?

"Oh, I see. Sorry for bothering you, forget about this confession. Good luck on you with that girl, by the way." With that, you started to walk away.

He grabbed your hand hastily, clearly in panic, and asked, "We're still friends right?"

'Uhm, about that. Uh, in my opinion, we shouldn't be friends anymore as it would've been too awkward for both of us.' Oh, how you wish to say that but you couldn't.

"Yeah, sure! Of course, we are still friends." You grinned even though both of you knew it wasn't genuine.

Turning your back on him and walked away, tears running down your face. You chuckled bitterly, already regretting the decision to confess to him.

You should had listened to yourself earlier. You bit your lips as the tears started falling, negative thoughts running wild in your mind.

"Of course, he wouldn't like me, who am I compared to her? Another guy will like me? Yeah, but it wouldn't be you, Timmy," you mused quietly as you kicked the pebbles along the way home.

::