dg | sorry

a/n ;;
since i never actually keep my promise, i didn't edit this. :)

warning ;;
(y/n) is an absolute ass sorry not sorry

keyword ;;
(Y/N) — your name

::

( YOUR P. O. V. )

You were too busy fidgeting with your own hands to focus at the loud noises around you anymore. Looking up and squinting your eyes to look for your best friend, Dick. Unfortunately, he was nowhere in your sight.

You put your hand in your leather purse, and mindlessly searched for your phone. You internally grinned as you found it and quickly went into a corner to call him.

You tapped on his number and waited for his voice, it was a let down when you were connected to his voicemail instead. You took a deep breath and went back into the gala that Bruce held.

A fake smile spread on your face, showing your dazzling teeth as you were greeted by some of Dick's acquaintances, asking where was him since he wasn't accompanying you by your side.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Do you know where Dick is?" A brunette girl asked you, with an unusually chirpy voice.

"I — He — he's a little busy? Yeah." You stuttered out the words as you nodded. It wasn't convincing — to you, at least — but she seemed to not notice this and went elsewhere.

You looked around again and were surprised when your eyes landed on Dick at the bar area, with a pretty girl sitting next to him. He seemed to be having fun as he charmingly flirted with her, occasionally tucking his front hair back as it fell on his forehead.

You clenched both of your fists as jealousy washed over you when you saw them together.

The first thought that came into your mind is, 'Does he like her?'.

You marched towards him, muttering curses under your breath on your way. He didn't notice you were there when you stopped near him since he was too busy with her.

"I thought you were going to be my company for today?" You asked him as polite as you could in your situation, sarcasm lacing your voice but you doubted that he would pay attention.

"Sorry, (Y/N), I was going to join you, but I've found this beautiful woman and we decided to go know each other a little more." He said, while the girl ordered another drink for herself.

"Have fun, I'll join you later, (Y/N)." He added, not realising he had hurt your feelings with his response.

"Nevermind, I'm leaving." You responded. "I have a headache." You said when you noticed you sounded a little too harsh. He nodded at you and resumed talking to the girl.

-Time Skip-

You thought it was an only one night stand before, but you were extremely wrong. He was completely infatuated with her and you couldn't do anything to stop that.

You never thought he would actually find a girl and settle down. You were envious of the girl since she stole his heart, the one thing you couldn't do even after being his best friend for so long.

You gritted your teeth at your thoughts and finally calmed down, you were having a sleepover with Dick as always, afterall it was a weekly routine that you guys had since you were kids.

The doorbell rang and you rushed towards the door, expecting to see Dick with his pajamas on. To your surprise, he — who was wearing jeans to a sleepover, mind you — brought along the girl that you had never bothered to remember the name of.

You let them in anyways and closed the door silently as you watched Dick inviting her to sit on the couch while turning on the television.

You cocked an eyebrow at Dick, expecting an explanation from him as to why he brought a girl to your sleepover. It was unusual, since it was supposed to be your thing, there wasn't likely for anyone else to join — except for some few cases, like Wally.

You went to the kitchen to grab the food that you had prepared earlier, and Dick took this as a signal and followed after you. Dick propped himself up on the counter — your back facing towards him.

You made sure she wasn't listening to your conversation before speaking up,

"So, is there any reason why you brought her too?"

"Yeah, I wanted you guys to get along. I like her a lot, you know, and you are like my second family," he said, sending a grin to your way. You hated this, of how nonchalantly he could speak of his feelings to her. He never did this with his previous girls, so why now?

"I know that, but isn't this supposed to be an us thing? You can't just bring someone else here and expect me to be okay with it." You scoffed, you were hurt by his actions and you weren't going to hide that.

"Is that what you are mad about? (Y/N), we have this sleepover for years now. It won't hurt if I bring another person once in a while." You hated this, of how he defended that girl, like he had forgotten the tradition you two once had. You clenched your fists, your hands shaking.

"Excuse me? Of course, I am going to be mad, we promised, Dick, you promised me." You turned around so you could face him eye to eye. Glaring at him as you waited for his response.

"God, you are being irrationally childish right now. You are being mad over a girl? I like this girl — a lot — actually. Please, I see you as my best friend, I want you to be friends with her," he pleaded.

"I hate this, I hate this, I hate this!" Like a mantra, you chanted in your mind. You were annoyed, hell even annoyed wasn't the right word for what you were feeling currently — perhaps even beyond frustrated.

"Besides, Wally also joins us quite often for over the years. I don't see the problem in me bringing her over for a sleepover," he continued

"How dare you compare Wally to her? Wally is our best friend and you don't even know her for more than 2 months! Also, irrationally childish? Excuse me, it's not my fault if someone decided to bring a stranger to a sleepover." You emphasised on the word 'stranger' — to make your point across to him.

"Did you just call her a stranger? She's literally my girlfriend, (Y/N)! Why are you even getting so work up on this?

"Because I like you and you are obviously blind as a bat to not see it." You mumbled, unaware that you said it a little too loud for your liking as his eyes widened at your response.

It was too late when you realised this as he shook his head in disappointment at you.

"So, that is why you stoop so low. I can't believe this." He gave a mirthless laugh, as if he was mocking you. "I'm sorry but I don't return the same feeling." His mouth pressed into a thin line. You saw him walking to her, and leaving your house.

The whole ordeal was sour, bittersweet.

You started to feel the bitterness in your mouth when you recalled the memories earlier. A hiccup surfaced as you tried to hold in your tears as you continued to reassure yourself, "it's okay, it's okay. He never loves me in the first place anyways."

It seemed to be working, in your opinion at least. But, if that's the case, why did your sight blur?

::