dw | soulmate 2 | ending 1

a/n ;;
THIS CHAPTER IS NOT EDITED! ending 1! :'))) prepare for the feels

warning ;;
a curse word

keywords ;;
(Y/N) — your name
(Y/F/F) — your favourite colour

::

( YOUR P. O. V. )

It was late at night when you were watching the television, your legs sprawled out comfortably on your couch as a sudden, loud screeching noise was heard in your ears.

You winced and gritted your teeth, instantly grabbing the nearby pillow over your ears as an attempt to block the sound, but it was no success. It was like as if it was in your mind, but you knew it was real.

The loud sound stopped and you released a relieve sigh, but you noticed something peculiar was happening.

The colours in your vision was fading away, you widened your eyes and frantically looked around to see if it was really happening.

You let out a deafening scream and fell to the ground, hugging your body tightly. You knew what had happened and you refused to believe it, but you had to.

"He is gone." You thought bitterly, as you bawled your eyes out on the floor.

( THIRD PERSON'S P. O. V. / DAMIAN'S SITUATION )

Damian was fighting relentlessly, but it was no use. He was outnumbered and he needed to wait for the help as it was still far away.

His wounds were terrible and he knew that they wouldn't save him in time, but he didn't want to admit it.

He still continued to fight with the bad guys, too busy that he didn't give any attention that someone was creeping slowly towards him and holding a gun.

A loud gun shot was heard and echoed in the dark building, silencing the noises. He collapsed to the ground, holding his now bloodied abdomen while groaning simultaneously.

The guys who were fighting him before ran as quick as they could, out of the bulding before the rest of his team came while the man shooted him multiple times to make sure he wouldn't make it out alive before running out too.

It wasn't long before the rest of the team came to help shortly after. Nightwing gasped loudly before sprinting towards his brother, who was almost at the brink of death.

"What- shit, I knew I shouldn't send you alone for this mission." He cursed while checking Damian's pulse hastily. He was at ease when he noticed the slow pulse.

"I- I was outnumbered. I didn't notice him." Damian suddenly spoke up, his voice was low, unlike his usual voice which was often bold and loud.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. We're going to help you. You are going to be fine." Nightwing soothed him, but he wasn't even sure if his little brother was going to be fine due to his injuries.

"I'm not. St- stop lying to me. You know it better than anyone, Grayson." Damian whimpered, his voice faltered a little when he thought about death and you. He remembered you in his mind perfectly. Your beautiful face and holding your hands that fit perfectly in his felt like a dream to him. Too bad, you didn't want any correlations to soulmates and you left him heartbroken.

He wondered if you would be sorrowful when he died, the bitter feeling of guilt in his heart made him broke into tears. You wouldn't see colours anymore, you would be constantly reminded that your soulmate has died and it was because of him.

He felt like he was nearer to death within every second he took. The warmth that Dick's hand gave him was slowly fading away, or is it just him?

The rise and fall of his chest became fast paced before it slowed down. He didn't heard the melancholy screams since he was gone.

( TIME SKIP ! )

The rain was pouring down as you watched the burial went smoothly without any disturbances. You couldn't accept that your only soulmate was gone. You blamed it all on yourself, you started to think the would have been situations.

"What would have been if I accepted him?"

The tears were streaming down your cheeks as you put (Y/F/F) on his grave as a respect for him. You were grateful that his father, Bruce Wayne allowed you to come to his funeral.

You were about to leave as a large hand patted your shoulder. You turned around to see his father and brothers. They all gave you a pitiful look and his father spoke up,

"I'm sorry for your loss, Ms (Y/N)." You nodded your head wordlessly and politely smiled at him as an appreciation. You still hadn't recovered from the shock.

You excused yourself and walked to your car, closing the door before your body shook violently as you sobbed, mourning his death.

You gripped the steering harshly and continued to grieve and cry your heart out.

"I wish that I would have accepted him. I could've spend a little more time with him, but it would just be a fantasy from now on."

::