dw | soulmate

a/n ;;
THIS CHAPTER ISN'T EDITED. i know there's an argument on which damian  has either blue or green eyes. i am going for green eyes since it seperates him from the rest of the batboys.

prompt ;;
see colour for the first time when you meet, fades away when they die
( credit to r-evolve-art on tumblr )

warning ;;
none

keywords ;;
(Y/N) — your name

::

( YOUR P. O. V. )

You strolled along the path, it was quite a mess since the leaves were starting to fall to the ground. It was a beautiful mess to you.

It was a shame that you couldn't see the colour of the leaves, perhaps it was mesmerizing. You wished to see colours, but you hadn't seen your soulmate, or how people often call it as, your one.

Speaking of soulmates, you weren't eager to meet them. You did not have anything against them, but you just did not want them.

The idea of having a soulmate made you shivered to the core, what if you had a serial killer, or worse, Joker as your soulmate?

Contrary to popular beliefs, having a soulmate wasn't that exciting. Imagine that you had to spend your entire lifetime with a person that you barely know, but had to be with because of the universe law?

You had seen some of your friends' life ruined because of their soulmates' death. They became utterly depressed and even tried to kill themselves.

Your world would dim before the colour completely fading away when your soulmate died and you weren't going to take that risk, even though you knew it would pain both you and your supposed soulmate.

You were deep in your thoughts when you failed to notice a fault in the rocky path. You fell, not so gracefully, to the cold ground.

A thud sound was heard as a groan escaped your chapped lips. People looked at you, but didn't make any movement to help you.

When you looked up, you saw a hand reaching out for you. You hesitantly grabbed it and saw a sight before you that you would never thought you would ever see.

The man who helped you was Damian Wayne.

Your eyes met each other's eyes, a blush immediately creeping up your face. You dusted off the dried leaves off your jacket as you gave him an awkward smile.

You thanked him and shook his hand before stiffening completely.

"Everything look strange. Is this what colours look like? Wait, colours?"

His grip on your hand tightened, confirming the thought you had. You panicked as you didn't know what to do in this situation and you didn't expect it to be this soon.

"You realised it, right? You do see it, don't you?" He asked, his green eyes widening.

You stood still at your spot, not knowing what to say.

"Say something!" He said, his eyes were full of hope.

"I- I honestly, don't know what to say. I'm not sure how to say this, but I don't want to be your soulmate." You muttered slowly, knowing that your words would hurt him. You avoided his shocked gaze and slowly loosened his grip on your hand before putting your hand inside your pocket.

"What do you mean by that? I am not a fool, but how could one not want a soulmate?" Now, Damian wasn't one to get shocked easily, but in this case, he was in utter bewilderment.

"I don't want to be with you, or anyone. I want to get to choose my own partner to spend my life with. Sorry to say this, but you aren't the person." He shook his head, not believing your words.

"Why- No, I- I respect your decision. I get it, some people might not want a soulmate. Uh, it was nice meeting you." He stuttered, looking down to the ground as you gave him a half hearted smile and looked at him for the last time. You turned on your heels and walked off to the distance.

You didn't know if your action was right, but you were extremely sure that you wouldn't forget the fascinating green eyes of his. It would never be forgotten in your memory.

::