dg | i'm not robin

special thanks to ;;
nalufanforlife ;; the one who thought of this amazing idea
maya_music ;; "You're Robin, aren't you?"
Baby_BatRhysss ;; "I have no clue of this bird of witch you speak of."
_lovetoothless

sorry, i couldn't tag @MEagle19 :'(

warning ;;
a few curse words!

keywords ;;
(Y/N) — your name

::

( YOUR P. O. V. )

Walking quickly down the quiet road with only the streetlight as the source of light, as you cursed yourself for going out late in midnight in Gotham.

You had to go to McDonald's last minute since you had ran out of food in your house. It was getting pretty late but you didn't care because you were starving as you didn't have your lunch.

Shaking your head as you fastened your pace, only to be shoved to a nearby dark alleyway.

"Give me your money quickly! I don't have time!" A masked man threatened you, pressing his sharp knife dangerously close to your neck.

"No, I don't have any since I've already use it for my dinner."  Gritting your teeth, you really wished to say that but you knew you would risk your life in a heartbeat. Moreover, since he had an advantage against you since he had a knife and you didn't have anything on you.

Not many people talk about it but growing up in Gotham did give some benefits. One of them was learning how to defend yourself from criminals. It was very logical since Gotham had the highest crime rates of all time.

You threw your purse away from you, hoping that the man would aim for your purse instead and leave you, and screaming loudly to grab someone's attention — although it was unlikely since no one ever cared in Gotham.

The man muttered curses under his breath. "Girl, can't you make it easier for both of us?" His breath smelt like alcohol, making you grimace at the horrible smell.

A crash could be heard not too far away from your location, making both you and the man looked at the source; your eyes roaming around to search for your potential saviour.

"Batman, is that you? Or, is it the cute sidekick? Hopefully, it's the sidekick that wears traffic light based outfit." You asked yourself silently in your mind, praying that somehow the sidekick would be here and be the hero of the day — or night, to be precise.

You were waiting for the superhero to show himself as he was making an entrance — not to mention, an extravagant entrance. To your delight, it was the traffic light based sidekick that came to save you from this bastard.

"Don't you know that it's bad to rob people?" The young boy said provokingly as you smiled giddily, knowing it was your favourite superhero or more like your crush, even though you didn't even know him.

"And, don't you know it's bad to interrupt people? This is not your kind of problem, kid. Fuck off." He said, aiming his knife at Robin as an attempt to scare him away. Although Robin's eyes was masked, you could tell that he was rolling his eyes under it.

You had to suppress the urge to roll your eyes, watching this dramatic fight unfold between the superhero and criminal. It was entertaining to watch, even if you were about to be killed before.

A few punches flew to the man's face, thus causing him to lose consciousness, as Robin chuckling at the poor man. The chuckle terrified you a bit, reminding you of the haunted movies you had watch before.

He walked over to your purse and gave it to you with a smile on his face.

"Thank you so much! Do you need any payment?"

"Does a kiss count as a payment?" He sent a smug smirk your way as you blushed at his bold statement. He cackled at your reaction, amused. "No worries, I'm just kidding. Be whelmed! Batman will be mad if I actually ask you that. Anyways, bye!" With that, he disappeared, making you confused at his hasty disappearance.

( TIME SKIP ! )

"Dick, you won't believe that I met Robin yesterday."

"Oh really. You've already said that for like a billion times today. I think everyone in Gotham would know it by now." He said sarcastically, uninterested in the subject.

Groaning at his lack of enthusiasm, you smacked his arm lightly. "Come on, be a little more happy for your friend! Besides, he's hotter in person than in the photos." You sighed dreamily, recalling your memories of him from yesterday.

"Really? You think so?" He asked you, surprisingly now interested to talk about the subject as he was practically beaming at you to talk more about the superhero — puzzling you at his current state.

"Maybe he's interested in Robin?"  Thoughts lingering in your mind as you warily looked at him. "Yeah, isn't he hot? That or adorable, but he would probably punch me if I call him that though." You jokingly said.

"Haha, thanks for the compliment. Don't worry, I won't punch you." He responded, accidentally exposing his alter ego while doing so without realising.

You squinted your eyes at him, suspicious of his antics and asked, "Wait, you're Robin, aren't you?"

"What? Me? Robin who? I have no clue of this bird of witch you speak of." He said with a hint of panic in his voice and accidentally fell off his chair, making some people looked over his direction — which made it worse since all eyes were on both of you now.

There was an awkward silence between you two before he finally spoke up. "Shit, now you know that I am Robin. This is not aster, at all." You would've laugh if it wasn't because of how serious this situation was; it was honestly almost comical when his eyes widened as he finally realised his mistake.

Honestly, for a trained superhero, he really took a long time to process something.

"Yeah, kind of, but I called you hot. That's worse." You said. "Wait, shit. I just called you hot!" You repeated, a little louder this time as a blush started to form on your cheek, avoiding his now teasing gaze on you.

"Well, the offer to kiss me is still up." He shrugged nonchalantly and sent his boyish grin at you, making you weak at the knees.

::