Prologue

<Third Person>

"How could you be so stupid!" The man yelled.

The worker cringed away and shrugged.

There was a patter of footsteps and suddenly, the door burst opened.

"What the hell happened!" The newcomer shouted at the two in the room. "Marley just told me that something was misplaced!"

"This idiot!" The first man began "Sent her up with group A!"

"What?!" The newcomer cried, sliding down the wall until his knees were by his chest. "Out of all of them, you chose to mess it up with her!"

"I'm sorry! You told me everybody in that room! The worker cried.

"Did you not notice that she was a girl?!" The first man raged.

"I-I can fix this!" The worker stuttered.

"How?! How can you possibly fix it?!" The first guy demanded. "She is already in the bloody Box... It is too late!"

"Well there is another option-" The worker began.

The two others head's shot up and stared at the worker.

"You aren't going to like it-" The worker began, looking at the newcomer. "-but we can't have her disrupting the Variables... She has to go!"

The newcomer placed his head in his hands.

"Is there no other way?!" He asked desperately.

The worker and first guy shook their head's sadly.

"We can't retrieve her now, she is already in the Maze. It will only cause a disturbance... she needs to die and we will need you to convince her to do it!" The first guy realised.

The newcomer stood up quick as lightning.

"No!" He stated.

"Don't be difficult. It will not only be best for the experiment but for her... She will never survive with the boys, it would only be kind for you to help her gently on the road to death!" The first guy finalised.

The newcomer shook his head, pleading with his eyes.

When he realised it was no use, he gave in and looked at the other two with distain.

"You know what she means to me!" The newcomer growled.

"That is why we are asking you to do it... You will convince her in the most humane way possible and besides, you have the link to her mind!" The worker tried to reassure his ally.

The newcomer turned on his heel and as he opened the door, he turned around, hatred evident on his face.

"I'm only doing it for the cure. If she dies painfully, I will never forgive you!" He threatened.

"That is all in the way you convince her!" The first guy said.

And then the newcomer was gone.

---

So, hello my pretties.

I don't know how you stumbled upon this fanfic but I can only apologise in advance for any doubts you now have about reading on.

I am mostly posting this so that I will be forced to update (instead of giving up) and I hope that you do enjoy the rest of the story!

I will post the first chapter later today!

-TheGamesOfTheGods